• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We have been cut off.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whit these continuing rains, mudslides are not so uncommon, nearby Austria has a fair amount of them but we locally not (too flat here). Sometimes its really cutting trees or too long rain periods, or weird combination of factors. Sometimes its just as my uncle in BC would say about falling rocks: "an act of God" being centuries or millenniums in the make, no answer to "why just now", just chance.

Carlo

Carlo your suppose to be plowing snow from the roads not digging out mud slides. I think we have all of your snow here in Missouri. Glad everything and everyone is ok. Take care my friend.
Just think if you might have been here a visiting me you would have been trapped in Italy! I'm still waiting and the doors open!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

I suggest you gather up the towns women and hold a mud wrestling competition annually to remember this travesty!

Another Ahab

The man who owns that land had cut tress just weeks before but it has rained almost every day for 3 weeks. We never get rain, always snow and the ground is soaked.
The material went in the tunnel for it is gradually going down hill so the mud just flowed.
It's almost like a math equation that you could have used to predict it:

A+B=C

Just real glad no one got hurt because that could have been real ugly.

Stein12501

Just think if you might have been here a visiting me you would have been trapped in Italy! I'm still waiting and the doors open!
I never thought of that. As long as we could have made it to your shop we could have stayed busy. I'm still planning on making that trip. I think the mild winter over there has put the brakes on my trip. I've been spending time in your former home in B.C.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally Posted by Carlo The man who owns that land had cut tress just weeks before but it has rained almost every day for 3 weeks. We never get rain, always snow and the ground is soaked.
It's almost like a math equation that you could have used to predict it:

A+B=C

Just real glad no one got hurt because that could have been real ugly.
After the fact, yes. Maybe the man did really do something without thinking because after the snow comes spring rains and run-off (mostly more quiet though). Then again, who takes three weeks of constant rain into his equation when the average for that period is solid snow and ice?

Another landslide in Italy caused two huge boulders to roll free, wrecked a barn but left the house next to it standing with a boulder 1 meter in front of it. Speaking of luck!

Another Ahab

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

I suggest you gather up the towns women and hold a mud wrestling competition annually to remember this travesty!
if you saw some of the women in a mountain village you might not want to see this!
Look around you, and you'll see that most of us don't really qualify for a magazine cover. Male or female, most of the world ain't all that truly beautiful to behold:

- Been to (2) Nude Beaches over time (long ago).

- One was Marbella in Spain, and the other was the New Beach on the Island of Maui.

- You go to these places and you find yourself silently BEGGING people there (men and women) to please put on some clothes, because

Fabric is our friend, and it isn't always pretty what lies hidden behind the fabric. Lesson learned: "Lord a mercy, please put something on!"

Last edited:

Another Ahab

After the fact, yes. Maybe the man did really do something without thinking because after the snow comes spring rains and run-off (mostly more quiet though). Then again, who takes three weeks of constant rain into his equation when the average for that period is solid snow and ice?
The fellow might have given more thought to the trees, and maybe not just tear them up like it seems he did:

- Thomas Jefferson is a person worth listening to, and he said that the unnecessary cutting of any tree was a crime, and he didn't think much of people who took them down for no good reason. Mr. Jefferson's thinking here could have helped avoid this problem from ever getting started, but too late now.

Mr. Jefferson's thinking seems pretty good. He gave us our Declaration of Independence. It always seems useful to hear him out. I found the excerpt about his tree comment here:

View attachment TJ.pdf

Last edited:

Carlo

The newspaper reports the road will be open in 20 to 30 days for the province found the money to start and comPlete the work. They made tests drill holes on the hill side and found solid rock so the slide has no more material.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks