• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We lost out today guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABN173

I stumbled upon this Craigslist ad today:
MAKE ME AN OFFER
Located outside at N. State St. Bellingham, WA

1984 Chevy Blazer

6.2L Detroit Diesel less than 90,000miles on it, but head gasket is blown/ hydrolocked
new front brakes
new starter
new batteries
new cables
new shocks

Needs to be gone by Sunday evening, otherwise it gets sold for scrap. I know there's collectors out there. Get on this.

I e-mailed him and he said he sold it to Sunrise Auto Salvage in Lyden, WA
I called Sunrise Salvage and they remember picking it up and the fellow said he was 99% sure it "processed" already meaning cut-up/destroyed. Yeah they paid a whopping $250 for it.

Here is the sad thing the seller wanted to post it up on Steel Soldiers but he could not afford the $15 fee. We lost out this one.

-Dale

Attachments

turbovr6jetta

How the heck did I miss this. I can throw a rock to n state st. And I'm on Craigslist at least 4 hours a day........ GD. It must not have been on for very long.

CycleJay

ABN,

Well follow up on it, and press him for a better answer.
To find out for sure if it has been detroyed or not.

So, if not, maybe someone here can save it..

Heck, if they did not destroy it, and they will take $300 for it,
maybe (keyword maybe) I could take it, as long as someone can get it to Atlanta,
and not charge me an arm & leg for it.

good night...

ABN173

How the heck did I miss this. I can throw a rock to n state st. And I'm on Craigslist at least 4 hours a day........ GD. It must not have been on for very long.
CUCV M1009 1984 Diesel Chevy Blazer (Bellingham Firestone)

Date: 2012-07-06, 3:41PM PDT (date posted ad)

Ouch. I'd say the seller lost out, too. The $15 fee would surely have earned him more than a $250 sale here!
True, This guy was under the gun to get it moved off of Firestone's property I guess.

ABN,

Well follow up on it, and press him for a better answer.
To find out for sure if it has been detroyed or not.
CJ,

Already working it. They have my number, guy seemed pretty certain its gone though. Said he "saw it in the stack"

-Dale

CycleJay

ABN,

Thanks for the info., let me know what you find out.

If it has been destroyed. That would be a shame, it looked like it was in good shape.

Good night,

CycleJay

It may be only a 1009, but they are not bad vehicles, once the issues are taken care of,
and it is maintained on a regular basis.. Just like any other vehicle.

I am happy with mine, despite the issues it has given me from time to time.

Some things are just worth the effort, and I think the 1009 is worth saving..
Any time one comes up that needs saving...
Unless it is a rusted solid through, rust bucket, that if you just breath on it,
it will fall apart, then it would not be worth saving.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ABN173 Good looking out....!

That truck with the head gaskets replaced and in good running condition is worth 4-5g's Would have been a good build project truck.

You said the guy saw it in a stack. When its stacked its only 2' tall smashed to go through the shredder. Sad, sad day.!

ABN173

It's only a 1009.
Have you tried looking for one lately? Even GL/GSA prices on non-runners are way higher than you expect. They are becoming rare whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Regardless $250 for decent M1009 to be cut up is a shame.

I have a 71 M35A2 now but I still like my M1008. If I was not moving to FT. Bragg, NC soon I would be actively looking for a M1009.

Besides that, this thread is posted in the CUCV section, if you dislike them so much why are you reading the threads here?

-Dale

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would've given him $500 for that. And I'm sure some here would've outbid me. Maybe next time....

To paraphrase a movie quote I remember, we save what we can and the wolves get the rest.

This is why it's so important to save what we all can, whenever we can. To save it for future generations so they can enjoy these vehicles and in part, honor those who served. Once I get back on my feet, I'll be saving all I can from the crusher.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I e-mailed him and he said he sold it to Sunrise Auto Salvage in Lyden, WA
I called Sunrise Salvage and they remember picking it up and the fellow said he was 99% sure it "processed" already meaning cut-up/destroyed. Yeah they paid a whopping $250 for it.
CUCVNUT - please refer to the original quote that Dale posted. IT'S ALREADY TOAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks