• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weapon Mount and Shelter lmtv

engele

Hi,
i'm looking for a Shelter for my lmtv. But the Truck should not higher than 3,6-3,7m. i found only the s-280 Shelter which is very high. Did the army use a smaller Shelter too?

And is the weapon Ring from m900 Series the Same like lmtv weapon Ring?

best regards alex

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
i'm looking for a Shelter for my lmtv. But the Truck should not higher than 3,6-3,7m. i found only the s-280 Shelter which is very high. Did the army use a smaller Shelter too?
Army bought "pre-made" shelter version. the M1079.

best regards alex
Not really. the LMTV weapons ring is integrated into the cab versus having a separate ring and mount system like previous versions. I'm not sure if the ring itself is the same as a M939 series truck.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

best regards alex
Alex, I just today set an S-318 on my LMTV. Total height is almost exactly 11 ft, 3.4 meters, just short of your max height.

I will take some pictures tomorrow if you are curious what it looks like.

Bob

engele

Hi,

i use a belgian Radio Shelter which is about 2.5m Long and only 1,65m high. Little small. Today i put it on my lmtv, and it fits under the Cover, and i can sit behind the Shelter under the Cover. 

I will lock for a Gun Ring here in Germany and for a bigger US Shelter with only 2m high. If not i take a regular s-280.

Thanks a lot.

image.jpgimage.jpg

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engele, you have some fine looking hardware over there! I find a good accessory for a 'short' shelter is a rolling chair. Get in, sit down, and scoot around where you need to go in the shelter. Works well if desks and radios are involved.

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks