• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weather Strip Rips out When Installing Door Glas

rneely

I am installing all new weather strips on my M35A2. Per the manual I first install the new door weather strip and then push the window assembly past it and into the door. Problem is the force needed to push the window in also rips out the weather strip. Any ideas to save the weather strip? It ripped out all the snap fasteners so I need to get another weather strip and start over.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a hard time on my M931 getting it in as well. I have yet to do the other side but the way i was able to get one in was with a ribbon feeler blade ( used for adjusting valve rockers) and smaller screw drivers. Kinda work the window down while working the weather strip over the window frame. It still was not easy would help to have someone doing the install.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, use some kind of guide. We have a VERY slim cutting board that we put wd-40 on and slide the window past, then pull the board out and wash down the streaks.

rneely

gimpyrobb thanks for the tip. I went to the dollar store and got two thin cutting boards for $1 and the window went in so easy it was like a hot knife through butter.