• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weight of a 800 series dump bed?

KsM715

Theres a guy up the road that put a 5ton dump bed on a deuce. He put a small gas engine mounted where the tool box goes between the bed and the cab. Runs the pump off that. Works just fine. If you remain strickly off-road I wouldnt worry about overloading it. If you have to run on public roads then just don't heap it up.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP of this thread has already bought a M35A2 Deuce from Alabama to Wisconsin .
Although a 5 ton would be ideal , he has a deuce he wants to convert to a dump . So can we keep this thread related to helping him with his best options to covert his deuce to a dump and not a sell your 5 ton thread .

Last edited:

Sephirothq

Porky,
My point wasn't to sell my 5 ton. It was to point out that a 5 ton would be a much better frame to start with.

If you look at safe weights ( I know some people those those away) You have a dump body that is 2000 lbs heavier then the standard duece body. So you can safely put 3000 lb on the bed off road and 7000 on road. That isn't much at all.

That is all, for the effort involved you are building a truck that you won't be able to get alot of use out of.

yamabro

I had this same idea
So I got ahold of a couple dump bed assemblies (sold one)
I started doing all of the homework and calculations
FINAL RESULT
Sold that bed also
Bought myself a 5 ton dump
And never looked back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks