• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of dump body only? And a few other Qs.

Excuse Me

I found several threads with the weight of the whole truck in a search, but can not find what the weight of just the dump body attachment is on the 9xx series trucks. I am looking at one in Oregon somewhat local to me, and the dump body is mounted to a sub frame that is easily removed. I would like to find out what that body and sub frame weigh, or what does the truck weigh without the dump body attachment? This is for the 855 cummins powered truck. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have been looking for the rear axle spread on these trucks. But I do not know yet how to properly navigate the TMs listed above. Might someone direct me to where I can find dimensional specifications like the distance between the two rear axles etc. Please?

Thanks.

I'm trying to put a civilian fifth wheel plate on it, but do not need the semi trailer air hook ups etc. I need the plate to be a set height above the frame is why. I also wish to remove the spare tire and mount from the truck as I dont need it, but would like to lighten the truck as much as possible. How light do you think I can get the truck removing those items?
Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at TM 9-2320-272-10

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, its not the same as the 939 since it has a wider bed-cab protector(939), but real dang close!

cumminsbandit

How light do you think I can get the truck removing those items?
Thanks.
We made a fuel truck for our farming/excavating operation out of aM931A1. We removed everything from the cab back. Spare tire rack, fithwheel plate, and the exhaust and its large hanger. I then went and weighed the truck at the local feed mill and it weighed 18,360

Hope this helps! here is a pic of the finished truck

Attachments

Excuse Me

We made a fuel truck for our farming/excavating operation out of aM931A1. We removed everything from the cab back. Spare tire rack, fithwheel plate, and the exhaust and its large hanger. I then went and weighed the truck at the local feed mill and it weighed 18,360

Hope this helps! here is a pic of the finished truck
With the winch? That's awesome. The truck turned out really nice. If I can get it 18,000 or a little over like yours, but I wont have a winch, I'd be a really happy camper as they say.

I hope to use mine to pull a farm sprayer. I currently use a Sterling single axle to pull it and it works well, but when it gets slippery in the fields, I need more traction. Here's one video I put up, though I have a few on the channel, of the sprayer I will pull with it if I get the truck.

cumminsbandit

Yep! With winch. we also have plans to build a sprayer out of a M931. We are hoping we can just have a 500 or 1000 gallon tank in the back of the truck with 60' hyd booms. We dont have that large of fields in Wisconsin, and hopefully it stays afloat!

We would also like to put a bulk fert/lime spreader on a truck. Can only seem to get so much done... and its been cold!

Excuse Me

Yep! With winch. we also have plans to build a sprayer out of a M931. We are hoping we can just have a 500 or 1000 gallon tank in the back of the truck with 60' hyd booms. We dont have that large of fields in Wisconsin, and hopefully it stays afloat!

We would also like to put a bulk fert/lime spreader on a truck. Can only seem to get so much done... and its been cold!
Local road construction business has a cement/lime spreader on a 5 ton 800 series. Does'nt spread wide like you're going to build, but it sure seems to work well when they need to ad cement/lime to the soil for road building.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks