• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of M105 trailer bed

samsimpson

Anyone know the approx weight of just the bed of a M105 trailer?

I want to do some repairs to the underside of a bed and was wondering if it would be too heavy to a couple of guys to pick up and flip over (detached from the frame of coarse).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really want pics of two guys picking one up.

;-)

Gimp and I are moving one and it will take the backhoe to move it around and get it off the frame.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure the exact weight, but it is far too heavy for two guys to lift and flip. I just moved a bed and a CBC shelter from one chassis to another and it was hairy since I did not have a forklift or a crane. We used jacks and blocking under all corners.

rcflyer70

The bed has to be over 800lbs. I put one on its side last year with my 371 bobcat (will lift around 800lbs with someone standing on the back for counterweight). It put the bed on its side but would not lift it.

samsimpson

That is what I figured, but was hoping it wasn't that heavy. Guess I will use an A frame to lift it. If it was more like 500lb wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the input guys.

samsimpson

Well the bonus of having more then one thread for a particular question or issue is the likeliness that new members will find it easier. The search here isn't all that great, especially when there might be only 1 thread about the topic.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the bonus of having more then one thread for a particular question or issue is the likeliness that new members will find it easier. The search here isn't all that great, especially when there might be only 1 thread about the topic.
The search engine works fine, the operators aren't all that great. I searched "M105 bed weight" in the trailer forum and got 8 hits. I searched title only and this thread was number one, the one Wayne posted was number 3. Took 10 seconds.

samsimpson

When I searched after seeing that there was already one (I searched before obviously but only checked the first 5 results), it was #9 for me, with mine being #1.

The 5 I checked were completely unrelated, if the top 5 aren't close people will tend to think the rest aren't either since it should return the best matched threads first, the most relevent to the least relevent. At least that is how my site (RamchargerCentral.Com) works.

SteveKuhn

I have (2) 105s - one mid-60s and a more modern galvanized. I'll bet there's a difference in weight, so I think Gimp's answer is the best working one. I wouldn't want my rig too close to the top end of a low number. I'd say it depends on the trailer, and the older the heavier. But my bathroom scale's is off a bit.

Steve

WestPointDad

OK...Thank you guys for your information.
I will post my progress on the modification as it goes.

RC

I have (2) 105s - one mid-60s and a more modern galvanized. I'll bet there's a difference in weight, so I think Gimp's answer is the best working one. I wouldn't want my rig too close to the top end of a low number. I'd say it depends on the trailer, and the older the heavier. But my bathroom scale's is off a bit.

Steve

3dAngus

I've always wondered the exact weight. Did any search indicate the exact weight, or just approximate.

Next time I scrap a M 105, I'll pull the bed off separate and weigh it to the pound. should be doing one next month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks