• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of UH-1D/H Tailboom?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"By itself" could have many definitions and specifications.

Are we talking Structure and Skin ONLY;
Structure, Skin, Tail Rotor Drive Components;
Structure, Skin, Aft Wire Harness and Electrical Components (Light, etc.);
or other combinations and mutations.

I'm reminded of the movie PHENOMENON....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDSNs9wBpU

Oh, I almost forgot the Access Covers and Panels and their attaching hardware - Installed or Removed, Bob?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
25 henweighs

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like mentioned, what do you mean “by itself”?
Vertical Fin and Horizontal stabilizers?
Gearboxes?
T/R Driveshaft?
Control tubes?
Wiring?
Etc........

Look in the -10
It should be in there.
Might not break it down as far as you need it, but will give you a starting point.

I haven’t hardly looked at the UH-1H -10 since flight school.

foxtrk2

for what its worth , I was a huey mech. in nam and we carried them around by hand. took two guys but wasn't bad. that usually didn't include the tailrotor gearbox assembly

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
for what its worth , I was a huey mech. in nam and we carried them around by hand. took two guys but wasn't bad. that usually didn't include the tailrotor gearbox assembly
Just curious... Is that a USGI Standard "Two Guys" or South Vietnamese Standard ... They are like comparing apples to apricots.

Just saying... The typical American GI draftee in VN was a 19 year old, 120-pound kid with minimal body fat and typically pretty durable.

But the TWO GUY standard really doesn't define the tail boom weight (whose actual description is still pretty blurry).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks