• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird fuel return problem

galeo7171

Installed new injectors and return lines. Bled the air out and started the truck. I got it to idle and I noticed fuel pouring out at the passenger rear injector (closest to firewall). It appeared that fuel was leaking at the return line. One of the return nozzles is capped off and the other one goes to the injector the right of it. The truck started to stumble and want to die which I assumed was from the fuel leak. Weird part is, if I pull the return line off the injector (the line that is connected to the next injector) the truck returns to normal idle. Obviously there is still fuel leaking out of the now disconnected return line, but the the truck idles fine. While the truck was still idling, I hooked the return line back up to the injector and the truck starts to idle rough and die. I'm clueless of course at what is causing this, any ideas?

Barneyrubble

It sounds like fuel is leaking away from the return line still,have a close look at the rear injector you wrote about,fuel has to return on these engines,also make sure there are no pin holes in the return line from that injector,any air sucking in will cause the problems you have.It still sounds like an air leak to me somewhere around there.

galeo7171

I replaced the rear injector and blew out the steel return line to clear up any clogs. The truck fired up, but still acted the same way. I pulled off all the passenger side return hoses from the injectors while the truck was running. I noticed that no fuel was coming out of the fuel return nipples on any of the injectors. I did however see fuel coming out of the return nipple on the steel line at the front of the motor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks