• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird Glowplug Resistor Bypass Issue

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old wiring is definitely an issue to some degree in all of them.
No matter how good it looks on the outside.
Corrosion from within.
Old wiring, no matter what it’s installed on, at some point will cause problems.
Aircraft to CUCVs.

Haven't heard of a good substitute for the original resistors.
Plenty of used sets available. .....for now.

I think you’ll be happier with the stock setup.
Full benefits of the afterglow and your not zapping one battery only during start.
The TMs fully apply and lots of help here if needed.

MarcusOReallyus

I think you’ll be happier with the stock setup.
Full benefits of the afterglow and your not zapping one battery only during start.
The TMs fully apply and lots of help here if needed.

The resistor bypass has nothing to do with the afterglow. As for the help, there's plenty of help here both ways. As for troubleshooting, it's one possible failure point removed, one less thing to check.

cucvrus

I have a stock load of resistors because 20 years ago I was told they were a problem. Bought every one I seen. Sad thing is I never had one fail. I have a crate full of complete resistors as unbolted from the fire wall. Many with the pigtails and all. Maybe I will hit it big when I retire. Maybe not. But of all the CUCV's I had and have and not having any fail. Puzzles me. But I changed nothing. I just replaced things with LKQ as the failed. 13 G glow plugs. SS591 glow plug relay. NAPA AR746 starter relay. Not sure. I could be in the cosmic dust area surrounded by good luck. But I doubt it.

LKQ= Like Kind Quality