• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weird no start issue (fuel related)

MAZ537

Dear members,

I am trying to start after some months my M1009 blazer , we do have fuel delivered until the fuel pump but the no further fuel delivery (read fuel pump bowl & injectors) we also have trying with the pump valve cover remover and pulling the fuel shut off trigger but again no fuel...Is this an indication for fuel pump rebuild ?

Thanks!

Barrman

So, you are getting no fuel into or out of the injection pump?

If that is correct, start at the filter. Verify you have fuel under pressure leaving the filter with the engine spinning. Pulling the pink wire off the IP and opening the fuel filter bleeder valve while cranking is the way to do this. The -20 TM walks you through the no fuel procedure perfectly.

MAZ537

We have fuel at the line that goes to the inj pump but no fuel inside the pump (electro magnet valve cover removed)...
We do have bleed the air filter and I will check the -20 as well!

Thanks guys !

cucvrus

Did you open the 19MM nuts at the delivery nozzles? I would do that and remove the glow plugs and crank it till you see fuel leaking at the nozzle nuts. Tighten them up after you see fuel reinstall the glow plug's and start it like normal. Glow plugs removed helps spin engine faster and easier on batteries. Report back. Good Luck.

If you do remove the glow plugs and they bind, do not force them. Remove the injector and use something to reach in and hold the glow plugs tip so when it breaks, you have it.
Lastly, there is a screen inside the pump, it rarely, but can, plug.

MAZ537

I have crank open the 19mm nut at the #1 cylinder...Glow plugs are new and I will have no problem to remove them as suggested...

@corelokt can you please elaborate where exactly this screen is located ?

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks