• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weiser, ID

panshark

I bet Bill,Idaho could give us some intel on that yard. He's pretty knowledgeable up in them there parts. It's not too far north from the biggest MV vendor in the state, Idaho Motor Pool.

RangerBob

I just grabbed a couple of GoogleEarth 'streetview' images, and it's still there. Plus, looks like he has some rolling trucks around front. Unfortunately, these aren't exactly hi-def pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

waayfast

Yep, that's Jim Grunkes place on HWY 95. He restores, then sells them --seen some on Ebay. Very knowledgable, very skilled and all around good guy. I have bought a few parts from him over the years.

He had a every nice M36 Gasser (long wheel base) with a Shelter on the back, it would make a great camper. I saw it listed a couple of times on Ebay, due to non-paying E-flakes,he may still have it,

JIm

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember driving by there back in the '80s when he'd have a couple of things sitting up on dirt ramps our front. Unfortunately that was waaaaaaay before I got in to military vehicles.

steelandcanvas

I drove by there hundreds of times when I lived in Idaho back in the 90's. I was told then the owner was not interested in any sales. I'm glad to see him let go of his rare iron now. Maybe I shouldn't have believed the person that told me that, I might have gotten into MV's along time ago.

BillIdaho

Sorry, I'm late checking in on the net today........Yep, Jim's Grunke's stuff. He has pretty well retired and as I understand it, his son is running it now.
I go by there all the time, and the inventory has dwindled considerably. Those photos are not current.
(The highway USED to go by in front of his house, but they re-routed the road, so now it goes behind (and above) his place. Kinda' strange.)

Most of the stuff in the yard now looks like substantial project stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks