• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

welder/gen from TC PTO

tobyS

Have you ever seen a welder/generator running from the output of the transfer case PTO on a Deuce (mine is A3)? One would think the diesel running at about 1200 rpm would be reasonably efficient if you can use the power.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Have you ever seen a welder/generator running from the output of the transfer case PTO on a Deuce (mine is A3)? One would think the diesel running at about 1200 rpm would be reasonably efficient if you can use the power.
Profo has a hydraulic welder its equal to a 225 unit running off around 36gpm off the rear hydraulics on his FLU 419

If I remember right some guy in New York has a casting for the rear of the welder or can make it and it bolts right on and hook your lines to it

tobyS

In a widespread power outage or big weld project it might be really good to have. Then it ties the truck up not being a truck too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks