• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well everyone after 2 years,Im finally going to try to get my Army M1008 Running.

Here's the low down,I have a 6.2 diesel that I pulled out of a Civy 1986 Gmc Suburban 1500 2wd with a 6.2 diesel (which was running before I pulled it)that had a banks turbo on it.It looks to be almost new as clean as it is and im sure it was turned up a little for the banks turbo and I don't have much in it now that I junked the suburban it came out of.Well I sold the Turbo charger set up and got some cash and some M1008 parts to boot.My question is can I put the Injection Pump on my Army M1008 as it has a bad Injection pump.If so what is involved besides bleeding the system for air.Got that covered and I have already takin the intake off my other M1008 to replace a steel fuel line so im not stranger to that.Im just curious about the timing don't want to mess that up taking it off the Civilian 86 6.2 diesel and then putting it on the army 6.2.So any thing I need to know besides what I have stated,I would be greatful.Thanks yall.

Btw,I will be using the lines from the other ip pump as the ones on the Army Truck are really rusty.If I don't have to remove the lines I will leave them still attached to the IP on the Civy 6.2.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump will install on the M1008 engine. Just line the timing marks up.

With that being said, the "new" pump is almost 30 years old and probably needs to be rebuilt. The rubber governor ring is the weak point and degrades over the years.

No doubt,I will not argue with ya on that,Good to see your still kicking Warthog.:] The whole thing is the 6.2 was running great in the suburban and the ip wasn't leaking like the army one does.But as cheap as the gaskets and me doing the work.I wont have much involved its more of a determination to hear it run for once as I bought the truck not running and I have all the parts if I had the cash I would go get a rebuilt one in a heartbeat that's for sure.Thanks for the info and I will try to keep everyone posted.:]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks