• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

well got pics of the snapped transmission, here ya go folks

kennyw

That is a fairly common failure in trucks that are worked hard off-road. The weight of the tcase hanging off of the back without a brace back up to the bellhousing is usually the cause.

maritimer

That is a fairly common failure in trucks that are worked hard off-road. The weight of the tcase hanging off of the back without a brace back up to the bellhousing is usually the cause.
anyway that i can prevent it as i do ALOT of hard working both off road and on road

kennyw

Replace your transmission and motor mounts when you put it back together. Be sure to use the brace that runs from the tcase to the bellhousing. Also, make sure your driveshafts are not too long. If the front shaft bottoms out, it will actually will pry back on your tranny/tcase connection with a lot of force.

BobM

Man that is MUCH worse than my adapter break on my 1008. On mine, the dreaded forklift broke the adapter between the tranny and T-case.

motormayhem

I just did that offroading my m1009, but my driveshaft was a little short. I broke the tcase housing in three places, cracked the adapter, and broke the tail of the tranny. Right now the tcase is fixed the adapter is just minor and the tranny has jb weld and rtv on it as a tmp fix. It cracked in the same place on mine, just not as bad.

maritimer

from what i can tell the 6 month old napa HD u-joint on the ddriveshaft at the trans let go driveshaft went free and grabed ahold of the transfercase and snapped the transmission, i think thats roughyl how it played out wasnt underneath the truck at the time lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks