• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, I done did it. Won a m1078. Need to get it home... In Wahington - any suggesti

spankybear

Well, I done did it. Won a m1078. She's home and purring like a CAT!

I just won a non running M1078 and need to get it home. I am in Washington and so is the truck. Anybody have any recommendations on who to use?

I have been looking for some time and I was just testing the bid system with a low ball bid. I didn't dream I would win this one. Hope I didn't buy a bunch of scrap metal.;)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! Did you get the one with the hole in the transmission? See if you can find someone with a Landoll trailer to haul it, with the the rear cover on, it is overheight on most trailers.

spankybear

I sure hope not... Maybe why it went so cheap but it said no oil leaks... Can I list the item number without getting in touble?

dmetalmiki

Tentatively 'congratulating' you on your new acquisition. Everything can be fixed. Maybe yours won't need too much. Good luck with it. Keep us posted.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, the auction for YOUR truck is over now. I figured it was the bargain priced one.

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
excellent, i just used veritread, they cost a bit to handle it, but bid it out, so it was not out of sight, you can decline or accept bids, some will be crazy hi, some crazy low, etc..., but they do all the work and it showed up as promised etc... any broker can do it if you want to find a local guy. but veritread is hooked up with iron planet and knows the in's and outs of getting the equipment off base and having the correct paper work. and good luck on the the condition of the truck,,, but figure doing all the maintenance just to be sure and to learn what's what and any hidden surprises.

spankybear

Sure, the auction for YOUR truck is over now. I figured it was the bargain priced one.
Yes 3800 bucks must be the one with the hole in the trans :shock: Not that I can't replace a trans... just something I do not like doing.

On moving the truck... I know what a landall is but the problem is where I want to put it... Can they be towed on a hook... of course with axle/ drive line removed... Will be easier to have them put it where I want.

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/1333489

I will be posting here more often... and with pictures if this isn't scrap...

spankybear

Tentatively 'congratulating' you on your new acquisition. Everything can be fixed. Maybe yours won't need too much. Good luck with it. Keep us posted.
I knew the dash was torn apart... Electrical problems don't scare me one bit... I do enjoy electrical problem... hole in the trashmission... Yuck

Thanks though.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not scrap. With what these are bringing these days, I bet a lot of folks who parted these out wish they hadn't. It's a beautiful truck, and I hope the transmission picture is just glare or something. A lift tow wrecker can tow these super easy, see the sticky about pulling the rear axle shafts.

spankybear

It's not scrap. With what these are bringing these days, I bet a lot of folks who parted these out wish they hadn't. It's a beautiful truck, and I hope the transmission picture is just glare or something. A lift tow wrecker can tow these super easy, see the sticky about pulling the rear axle shafts.
Can't cry over spilled, um, well, trannyfluid now. :-( She is mine bought and paid for. I have been watching these trucks for awhile and just wanted to see how the bidding worked so... I threw in one bid of 3800.00 and didn't think much of it considering the one with the cracked engine went for 5000 and the one with the broken oil line went for 5100.

I looked at the picture looking for evidence of major oil leaks. Only thing I know for sure is I need a voltage gauge and maybe some electrical work.

Can you tell if what looks to be a hole is in the case or oil pan? Needed to change the trans oil anyways right?

Thanks!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
More of a solenoid pack. Which is replaceable. Trans damage is common from driveshafts coming loose. It isnt a clear pic and something like a hole in the trans should be clearly pictured and described.

pontiac62

I’ve looked at that picture several times. I don’t see a hole. I’m no expert. Either way not a bad score.

Welcome from Michigan. Be following your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a hole. Not good. Looks like there is also a crack on the differential yoke..
Mark

whole.jpg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get it home and take stock of what you've got. Even if you need a transmission, it is not the end of the world with what you have in the truck! Good luck!

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations looks like a nice truck, even if the transmission needs replaced you got a good deal. Its really hard to tell for sure looking at the pictures, I didn’t see any oil on the driveshaft.

wandering neurons

If that's a transmission hole, it's in the pan, not the main transmission case, and that's a replaceable part. But IMHO, the hole is too far forward to be caused by a bad drive shaft, and the transmission, transfer case, and ground underneath are amazingly clean for having a hole in the transmission. If there were a leak, wouldn't there be a pan under the hole to catch any fluid leaking out?
Otherwise, looks very nice, good luck getting it home and running!

spankybear

Back to to the main question.... Anybody in Washington (wet side) know of a tow company that can tow this? Need to get her here first before I do anything else. I have a bid out on VeriTread but I think they are mainly flatbed type of services. Anyway I live north of there it's at.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks