• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, I done did it. Won a m1078. Need to get it home... In Wahington - any suggesti

spankybear

Check the fluids and all looks good. The trans motor oil smells fresh with no burn small. The engine looks very unmolested:mrgreen: almost looks new

They didn't cut the wires when the pulled the voltage gauge :mrgreen: They did however damage a couple of rocker switches. Just need to fine a source for SWF compatible switches.

Looks like all of the relays are there and correct. The circuit bearers are all there. There are a few that look suspect. It looks like ATO fuses will fit in a pinch.

I am confident she will start when I get some batteries.

Some of the bad... Roof leaks and has rust.
Drivers side floor board looks to have a fair amount of rust.

OCD stuff...
The side view mirrors don't match.
Missing and fades data labels.
Leaks air.
Spare tire worn more than I would like plus it doesn't match (Major OCD :cookoo:)

I am going to start a list of parts I need here...

Volt Gauge
Batteries
Hazard rocker switch

Parts I will want:

Passenger side seat belt.
Tailgate? They took it off for whatever reason
Gunners seat
Door Pull/handle (Grab handle to close door)
Drivers side floor mat
Board ladder

Grill... From talking to some folks I guess the consensus is that someone followed a M1 too close melting it. I maybe able to fix? Will have to iv it a shot.

There's a little black plastic electrical box under the left side dash that looks that is should have a cover. I have yet to identified what it is.

Not too much else to say on a rainy Sunday

Last edited:

spankybear

Middle seat...

It's pouring rain and blowing it sideways... I'll get some pictures when the rain lets up a tad.

spankybear

Well dang... I am disapointed I wanted to make a video of the first try of starting the engine. Put some batteries and hopped in the cab. I push the button and click. Gerr... I fiddled with the connections on the batteries and hop back up into the cab. Pushed the button... click angain... so what does one do, well pushed the button again and she fired up... I forgot the set the video equipment up and this is all I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAzjqXg6sHw&feature=youtu.be

CapePrep

You paid $3800 right?? Total score!! I am wanting one of these so bad-bidding on them for the upcoming auctions. Please keep us posted on your progress.

FloridaAKM

Sounds like you are off to a good start now that she proves she runs. Are you having any air brake issues with pressures or leaks; if not, take her out for a short drive to check her out.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP needs to pay for putting that huge dent in the front. At least it's not a hydraulic part, they destroyed the hydraulics on my forklift loading it and then said "hydraulics not covered by ironclad guarantee".

spankybear

You paid $3800 right?? Total score!! I am wanting one of these so bad-bidding on them for the upcoming auctions. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Yes sir It was 3800.00. Of course there was tax, GP's fee, and getting here up here. The total price is still well under the price of the average runner here in Washington. I am a happy camper.

Spanky, things are looking good. Have you taken her for a drive??
I sure did... Just down the block and back. Only shifted one gear but it shifted. Beside the hard shift (motor oil plus being cold) I think the transmission is fine. When I first switched her on there was no warning buzzer. I looked at the air gauged and they where reading 70 or so PSI. I air her up to tilt the cab the day before and it still had air. It leaks but not as bad as I first thought.

GP needs to pay for putting that huge dent in the front. At least it's not a hydraulic part, they destroyed the hydraulics on my forklift loading it and then said "hydraulics not covered by ironclad guarantee".
I am going to give them a call. It really pisses me off as the body is in nice condition. It's not going to be an easy fix.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sway Bar Bushing? Is there a commercial equivalent?

View attachment 724729

Not that this helps much but I think someone posted on a thread at one point that they were making them. You might need to take a laptop or iPad into the reading room and spend a lot of time reading ALL the LMTV threads to find it. Or maybe someone else has a better memory than me and can point you right to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks