• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well...I Finally Did It....Got My 925A2. My 1st MV! (and I'm Hooked).

infidel got me

So now that you have a 5 ton (nice truck) what are you buying next? You do know they are like lays potato chips, you cant have just one. Good luck with the new ride-- I know maybe a matching 5 ton for the wife.

Bhpdbrad

Great looking truck, does your wife know about the model you hired ??? Just kidding, my wife is also very into my addiction and it makes it GREAT !!!

So, just curious, why did you stop in OH? Where did you start from?
We picked up the truck in Maryland (after a red-eye flight from the left coast). Took our time to drive to Johnstown, Ohio- where I've got a place. I wasn't prepared to bring it all the way out west just yet.

In June, I'm bringing it out to CA. Just in time for a 4th of July parade. Looking at all transportation options right now. It drove great from MD and I got 8mpg. But just want to do it smartly and cost effective.

Bhpdbrad

So now that you have a 5 ton (nice truck) what are you buying next? You do know they are like lays potato chips, you cant have just one. Good luck with the new ride -- I know maybe a matching 5 ton for the wife.
Yes, I know... You're exactly right. I've already started thinking of what's next...trailer?, gen?, a set of 5-tons (wreaker, dump)? I don't know yet...but I know it's not the last piece of green.

dmetalmiki

THAT!, is some "monster" for a first time truck in the hobby. Now the learning starts..Welcome to the site, events, and parades to come..

Bhpdbrad

You need one of each! M923, M923A1, M923A2, M925, M925A1, (already have a M925A2), M927, M927A1, M927A2, M928, etc. etc. etc. :lol:
Im starting to convince myself I need TWO of everything... You know, an extra one as a parts truck, right?

I've read how everyone kids about the ADDICTION... But I can tell it's a real thing.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I bought a parts truck, I jumped it at the auction sight and it ran fine. I would have a hard time pulling parts off of a good running truck. ... and that is how the addiction pulls all of us into owning multiple vehicles. :)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The photo in my avatar was the drivers door of a M813 w/w I bought for parts. Didn't start because there were no batteries in the box, "no brake" meant that the parking brake cable was broke.

Installed batteries and drove it 150 miles home. It's still a parts truck today, all its part are still there and tagged as historic vehicle.

Bhpdbrad

The photo in my avatar was the drivers door of a M813 w/w I bought for parts. Didn't start because there were no batteries in the box, "no brake" meant that the parking brake cable was broke.

Installed batteries and drove it 150 miles home. It's still a parts truck today, all its part are still there and tagged as historic vehicle.
Well you guys have provided me the perfect alibi for me to justify new "parts" trucks.

btw - I love your avatar. I wish someone would incorrectly mark my pre-purchase. I typically get the opposite disclaimer... "Runs Perfect!" ... only to find out that means... down hill, coasting... as there's no working engine.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-well the next truck can be "hers" make sure it's an automatic and you paint the front shackles pink.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks