• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I finished up the restoration.

67Beast

Yesturday I finished up the last of the pieces needed to complete the restoration of my 67' M35a2 that I bought this fall. I'm just getting ready to head out the door to head to a Christmas parade with it and my 67' M715. My big goals were to have the truck finished for the parades, and I just made it. I had the truck basicly done for last weeks parade except for the troop seat which I finished up this week. Anyway enjoy a few of the pics.

Last weeks night parade

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
man, you work fast.

67Beast

M1075 said:
Great looking truck! What is the item under the bed in place of the spare tire?
The truck has a dump bed convertion on it and the air tanks have been moved outboard on the frame. It does make it nice and easy to drain the tanks.

Desert Rat

Wow! Nice work! What everyone says is true. You do work fast! I wish I had the ability to do it like that! Ah well. I'm always working on projects that need my truck's help.

67Beast

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was a quick resto job being that I started 10/14/05 and finished 12/2/05. Towards the end it started to feel like a bad episode of American Choppers or American Hotrod, were the deadline is closing in fast and parts haven't shown up yet. :shock: :? I really had to push my sand blast guy to work at my pace, not his own. And bodyman who owed me favors had the hood for 3 weeks while he knocked out some dents in it. I had to keep the presure on him so that he would get it done in time. But luckily everything came back in time for me to get it all painted and together. It is nice having the facilities here at work for me to do all of my resto work during the work day. It's good to be the BOSS!!!!!

On another note, the deuce ran great yesturday down and back to the parade which was 35 miles south of me. I was able to hold 55 across the flats on the highway and only slowed to 45 on big hills while pulling the trailer with my 67' M715 on it. [thumbzup]

Desert Rat

Dave,

Sounds like you now need to work on small modifications to the fuel system to keep the top end up going over the hills. Ken and I did that with my Deuce this summer. I can verify there is a BIG difference in performance and an improvement in fuel milage too. I've gone from an average of 7.5 mpg to 8.3 at 55 mph. Plus I've gone from 10.3 to 11.6 mpg at 45 mph with her too. After I finish a few more modifications I believe I can see an average of 13+mpg at 45 mph. This is better than the '91 F-150 I had before the Deuce.

baja_power

Desert Rat said:
Dave,

Sounds like you now need to work on small modifications to the fuel system to keep the top end up going over the hills. Ken and I did that with my Deuce this summer. I can verify there is a BIG difference in performance and an improvement in fuel milage too. I've gone from an average of 7.5 mpg to 8.3 at 55 mph. Plus I've gone from 10.3 to 11.6 mpg at 45 mph with her too. After I finish a few more modifications I believe I can see an average of 13+mpg at 45 mph. This is better than the '91 F-150 I had before the Deuce.
what work did you do?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Desert Rat,

wouldn't that be worth a new topic like fuel system: small mods, big improvements. Sure everybody wants to know details of how to get better fuel milage and performance!

Gerhard