• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well,I got Screwed By GL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westech

CPL
and guys let me tell you this... I am in the Army, we have a "can" point that they stick a punch of old trucks and trailers and we can go in there and take parts off. The GL lot is locked up tight and even I have to call and get the ok to go in and look over the auctions.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Westech said:
and guys let me tell you this... I am in the Army, we have a "can" point that they stick a punch of old trucks and trailers and we can go in there and take parts off. The GL lot is locked up tight and even I have to call and get the ok to go in and look over the auctions.
Unfortunately, alot of the places are not like this, Ft Bliss for example. The GL guys there have to deal with parts missing off items after they come to them. They have their own yard, but the Army/Drmo people also have keys to the yard. They try to take pics of everything that comes in, but you can never take enough pics. I'm just glad in the incident I had that someone else came in the last few minutes and bailed me out on the truck I was bidding on. :) But if I had previewed an item, and knew what was on it and then come back to pick it up and things were now missing, I'd tell GL that I was backing out because the item was not as represented. Based on what Bruce said about his experience, that is the only recourse you have. I believe GL will let you back out at no penalty if you can prove the item has been stripped or damaged (photo's) between the time it was previewed/ bid on and the time it is picked up, yes?

Westech

CPL
o snap! I dont think that was a wise there FT. Everyone was just telling you that it does state in the contract to look over your auctions, yeah some times we get the shaft, but you did get the trailer and it was just missing some junk. now not to say I would not be pissed but it is what it is. you need to be a big boy and deal with the problem. call some one, write a letter get it taken care of instead of just bitching about it on here. take off your huggies, put on your big boy pants and take care of it. I bet if you call and take the right steps you will get a part refund. now it might take forever but just deal with it.

randyscycle

I looked at a many a deuce at GL over the last 6 months, and personally inspected about 8 of them nearby to me.

Almost none of them were as represented by GL.

They all were listed as "running" or "driven in." Only 2 looked as if they could be driven out, and that was if you didn't need things like lights, turn signals, or other sundry switches and buttons. They were still suspect at that. Two had no driveshafts, and one had no transmission. Hardly what was listed in the auctions at all. Maybe this was a big communication error between the government and GL, but if so, I can't see how a transmissionless truck was driven in.

I finally got fed up with all the BS, lies and misrepresentation, and I figured it wasn't worth saving the money to wind up with something I'd have to haul home and find some pretty pricey components just to make it operable again, and bought from a private owner. I wound up paying neary twice what a deuce commonly sells for on GL, but I got a A2, winch truck with the whistler exactly as I wanted, and was able to drive it home with title in hand. Worth every penny in my mind. You truly do get what you pay for.

HeadWizard

mangus580 said:
So FT.. answer this for me...

GL 'allowed' something to be stolen off the trailer? Is this like how you 'allowed' your guns to be stolen?

For that matter, did you GO inspect the trailer before you bid? Maybe GL made a listing error and submitted the wrong photos? I bet their terms probably even state something along the lines that photos may not be an exact representation and that they are not liable for any discrepancy.

Its YOUR responsibility to inspect your items before you buy them. And for that matter, its YOUR responsibility to sign that you picked it up in proper condition. When you delegate the pickup out to someone else, you have already accepted the item at that point. Had YOU gone and picked it up, you would probably have a little more recourse.

And I agree with e22. If you dont like it... STOP buying from them. The majority of you guys who complain about GL are hypocrites. I am sick of this 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude to GL.

Lets put it this way.... say you have a local store. Every time you buy something there, a part is missing, or its broken, missing paperwork... whatever. Would you continue to shop there?
NO!! So like e22 says. Why the heck do you keep buying stuff from GL???? I will tell you. The difference in price between GL and anywhere else is WORTH the hassle & price.

So shut your dang mouth.
I'm NOT taking any sides or even expressing an opinion on the matter in question, but...

"So shut your dang mouth."

is not something that should be written in open Forum by a SS Mod on this site. It's disrespectful and not appropriate - just PM comments like that.

my 2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks