• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

well i guess i will introduce my self

maritimer

well i been lurking here for a bit since i bought my first m1009 before the holidays mint condition except for the front calipers i'll post some pics for you guys to view, but i have since mounted a winch to the front and removed the radio bracket for extra passenger room. i will try and post some pics of the winch mounts cause i know a bunch of you guys are wondering how to do yours i know this cause i spent a good 2 weeks searching for how to do mine

Attachments

Mike_Pop

If you decide that you want a heavier rear bumper, I've replaced mine and a friend's with an M1008 bumper. I took pictures and wrote a description on how to do it. Welcome to the site!

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, did you get rid of the M1009 that was mine or did you just replace the tailgate? Just curious...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome Maritimer! I started out with a 1009 too. MV's are extremely addicting. If you hang out around here too much you will just have to own more!

MP, cool bumper swap. I haven't seen a 1009 with a 1008 bumper before.

Mike_Pop

Bruce,

I got your M1009 and I bought Rick Thiers' M1009. He had a new tail gat so I swapped that one onto mine. The photo above is Paul Taylor's M1009.

Here's a pic of my M1009. I've added a rear step bumper, tinted side windows, tinted rear window, tire rack, and a roof rack which is actually an M101 3/4 ton trailer roof.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool Blazer, Mike. You should try to get down to the VA trail ride with your Unimog! The only problem is, I am sure there will be nothing down there that will challenge your truck!

Mike_Pop

Bruce,

I sold the Mog in August, got a Mighty Mite and am back living in Nevada. I plan on attending the East Coast Convoy and the Aberdeen show. I'll probably see you there.

kinetichotshot

Maritimer,
Welcome! I think I remember a thread around here somewhere where someone was looking for a radio mount for their 1009... I'm not sure if they ever found one or not, or even who it was, but if you are interested in selling it , you might want to post it in the classifieds. I'm sure someone else will remember and clarify.
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site.

VERY REFRESHING to have a new person joining the site and their first post (and usually only post is) "hey I got something to sell(click)". Thanks for joining and looking forward to dialoguing in the future.

btw, pm me you vin number and I'll look it up for you this weekend (or sooner) to let you know where the vehicle came from if it is in the database.

medlog