• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well.....I just bought a Deuce....tell me what you think.

StreetbikeDepot

RE: Well.....I just bought a Deuce....tell me what you think

Unless the VIN is listed on the sale page, I don't have it yet.....infact I havent received anything from the GL site, no emails or anything, but in my bid history it shows me as the high bid with the auction closed. I read somewhere that they had to have my sales tax permit the day of the auction...is that true? I'll be upset if I have to pay sales tax on that. I kinda thought I should at least get an email or something saying I was the high bidder, when does the Invoice usually show up?

LibertyDeuce

Congrats!!!
You bought a beauty. Question, what's the price of happiness with a new green MV???
You did WELL!

Now, Enjoy your Ride with Pride!
[thumbzup]

Green_gator

I like the extra black, must be for stealthy night operations. :cookoo: The jeep will look great in a three color Nato camo job and would not even take much paint. Looks like you have yourself a very nice truck.

dm22630

I think it was a great deal! Especially if you can pick it up yourself!

Try to buy a winch truck off a dealer for less...or even near that....you CANT!

Even eBay winch trucks cost more....then you have to add lots of $$$$$ for shipping.

[thumbzup]

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are an OK resident you will probably pay tax. And yes you can drive it away from the lot. Make sure you take equipment with you. Such as tire tools, hand tools, oil, air line, etc, etc. The tires will most likely be low.
They have a dock there so you can drive your truck/car up in the back of the deuce. Steve is a nice fellow and will help you out if you need it. There is some curmudgeon that works in the office where you sign in.

Pawnshop

I don't know about Oklahoma but in Texas the sales tax is paid directly to the state when you register the vehicle, if that is the case in OK GL will not collect the tax from you.

dm22630

Pawnshop said:
I don't know about Oklahoma but in Texas the sales tax is paid directly to the state when you register the vehicle, if that is the case in OK GL will not collect the tax from you.
rofl rofl rofl rofl

hahahahaha!!!!

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! ;)

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You did good. You'll really like it. Its about time for a trailer, now!

Lee in Alaska

ophelan

Looks like a nice truck! I'll hopefully be in your shoes with my first soon.

LanceRobson

Good looking truck.

The pallet is there to keep an oil absorbent pad off the ground. Water will go through the pads, the oil stays and, since it's on the pallet, it won't wick into the ground. GL does this at some other locations, too. Usually the pad is weighted with a rock.

saddamsnightmare

August 1st, 2008.

A Good win..... if it runs, and does what you need it to do... it's a good truck. Consider what a used civillian pickup would cost you, and you may have 5 times the road hauling capacity (and 4 times the truck weight)! The black in the NATO scheme is interesting, as it seems to be where the green usually is.... as to a companion, an M105 or M149 trailer would go well, just make sure your addition doesn't get out of hand.... see the numbers of vehicles below the names on this site and you'll figure out what I mean.
I would inspect the truck per the deuce buyers stickies above.... if in any doubt have it hauled home as a deuce breakdown on the road can be ..... interesting, to say the least..! BE SURE TO CHECK BRAKES, STEERING, MECHANICAL AND DRIVELINE COMPONENTS.... sometimes the GI's get a little careless in maintaining these items towards the end.....

And, oh yes, we'll likely be seeing a cheese eating grin photo of you soon, after you get the hang of driving your new toy.... it's happened to all of us sooner or later..... [thumbzup]

And Welcome to the club..... What can Big Green do for you!!!! :beer:

Sincerely,
Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce... daily driver & worker!
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo Trailer, 1-1/2 Ton
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas Gen Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB (THIS is where it all started a year ago!!!! :drool:)!!!!!! rofl

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Well.....I just bought a Deuce....tell me what you think

StreetbikeDepot said:
I've been watching the auction for some time know, and today I got a little carried away with my bidding....I think....
NOOOOOOO! That's never happened to anyone here before!!!!!!!!!

Pawnshop

dm22630 said:
Pawnshop said:
rofl rofl rofl rofl

hahahahaha!!!!

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! ;)
What is so funny? I live in Texas and my deuce came from the GL lot in San Antonio and they did not collect sales tax from me on the sale, Texas will collect it when I go to register it. I paid sales tax on the other two non-vehicle items I bought from GL but not my deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks