• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I think my speedo just killed itself....

linx310

Was driving to work this morning and started to hear this screaming noise.

Looked down and my speedo was going crazy. I think it even did a few laps...

I lubed the cable up about 7 months ago hoping to solve a bounce issue and it has worked fined since then until now.

My odometer still works though, gonna try and lube the cable again.

It sucks not being able to tell your speed...

Last edited:

jacksmad1

If the odometer still works, it is not the cable, the cable drives the gear that turns the odometer as well as the speedo......may be a piece of trash in the speedo itself. The speedo works by spinning magnets in very close tolerance around the rim of a metal cup on the shaft that is connected to the speedo indicator needle ......if a bug, dirt, etc. gets in between the gap, could wreak havoc on it. You can take the speedo out and gently blow out the cup/magnet area or brush it out.....don't use high pressure air as it could damage it......you can also wipe down the metal cup (you will understand what I am describing once you see it) with a rag moistened with WD40 or similar to help clean it. As old as these things are and where they have been, it could have virtually anything in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks