• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

well i thought i got everything fixed guess not

maritimer

os the other day my truck started squeaking, at low speads * like parking lot crawl* there seems to be a squeak every half second coming from just below the rear seats, till i stop or pass 10mph, the squeak speeds up with vehicle speed.
also when i turn my right blinker on it lughts up the gear indicator backlight and when i have the head lights on the right turn light indicator stays lit

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad bulb, or bad socket, or both.

Could be a rear u-joint or bearing as well.

1stDeuce

Squeak is a bad U-joint in the rear driveshaft. Squeaks either once or twice per revolution, only at low speeds. Blazer u-joints have a pretty good angle on them stock. Notice a high speed vibration to go along with it?? Usually the axle one fails first, but I'd replace both since you have to take the driveshaft off anyway.

I'll second the notion that a turn signal indicator on weak with the headlights is a burnt out bulb, usually the same side front or side marker. It's like it was designed to do that... Kinda nice, eh?

Hopefully the PRND2L indicator light is a manifestation of the same issue, which would cause funny grounding in the parking light circuits inside the truck, but it could be a bad ground inside for that circuit as well. I'd guess all the dash backlights are flashing, and that's the only one that you see. Or the rest are burnt out... ;)

Fun stuff!!
C

maritimer

u-joints are only 4 months old dang you would think the heavy duty ones would last longer, well hopefully its the trans one and not the pinion one cause that one was an oddball hard to find one, * no they arnt the same like in the books LOL*.
i will check the bulbs in the am

maritimer

well that was wierd, took the kids out halloweenin last night and put my 4ways on and it fixed the right turn indicator problem. i guess now its just the u-joint

bht50

my indicator does the same thing only on the driverside, if I get out and wiggle the socket the bulb is in it will come back on and the inside dash light goes out till I hit a bump then the outside light goes out again and the inside light sticks on. I think I just need to replce the socket the bulb goes in. sounds like you have the same thing gooing on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks