• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

well i was looking for a hmmwv....

XanRa

well i was looking for a hmmwv, and i have been looking seen prices seen variouse forms and conditions from beyond new to nothing, and i found this wonderful humvee for $28,000 OBO and i wanted to see you guys opinions

1986 M998 SLANTBACK MILITARY HUMMER
so better than the stock i assume-UPGRADE 6.5 LITER DIESEL (Military Surplus installed with 5278 miles to date)
SNORKEL AIR INTAKE & EXHAUST
ROCKER PANEL PROTECTORS
DRIVE TRAIN PROTECTORS
TSL BOGGER TIRES
BUMPER FRONT & REAR
10000 LB NEW WARN WINCH
CANVAS SEATS NO CUTS OR TEARS.
has 90% OF GUN TURRET PARTS.
RUN VERY STRONG, START FIRST TIME EVERY TIME
MANY EXTRA PARTS , BRAINS,SPARE EXHAUST ,ETC
CLEAR TITLE AND FLORIDA TAG.
!Bv1hy6wEGk~$(KGrHqYOKjgEwRZ79CPqBMGPMkPmsQ~~_12.jpg

so what do you guys think?

XanRa

it seems so its quite clean, its in florida, i think i will call the guy later today
poubly going to offer lower. why not? its not like theres anything to loose full price isnt that bad

more pics:
!Bv1h0cgCGk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEwRdYjWBIBMGPMzc2qw~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h0p!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKioEwQ1L-nhpBMGPM0Pi)g~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h0Pw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKi!EwGqh(fNLBMGPMyvPJg~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h1(QEGk~$(KGrHqYOKnEEvyFrzGsKBMGPM2wDZw~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h1Lg!2k~$(KGrHqUOKnIEvyFrzKsmBMGPM2INlg~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h2g!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEwP(f2mOoBMGPM6O01!~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h2RwEWk~$(KGrHqMOKnQEvyFr)+spBMGPM5ev)w~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h2ug!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKkMEwP0G)l4kBMGPM7M(e!~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h03QCWk~$(KGrHqYOKnMEvyFrzmUrBMGPM1Jc9!~~_12.jpg

!Bv1h15w!2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EwOYbW1,eBMGPM4PFI!~~_12.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad I'm broke, it's a few hours away from me. Sure looks like a square deal. It does have a valid title and registration in FL. I can store it and excersize it for you if you like! LOL

XanRa

see i will attempt to get it but how that will go may be a different story- id proubly drive down to get it- i have family in tampa(area i think i dont remember) so while i say im visiting im also getting a new toy

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look good in the pics - just makes SURE that paperwork is clean.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The title is clean. It's listed as a 2000 though but that is to be expected with these trucks with short VINs. I'd require a high res photo of the DATA plate to confirm it matches the VIN listed.

XanRa

true thats the big thing ive heard a few paperwork nightmares- i think the hardest part will be insureing it, but itll be worth it, im a diesel lover, and i love my 4x4ing so its perfect- but itll be more than that a daily driver, so when i found those neat little random holes in the woods i can just go and have all the space i need and more its pretty much perfect- i will proubly have to put some sort of sound system in it because the silence(besides the engine tires etc.) and at least its easy to repair seeing as i am an up and coming(and learning lol) mechanicle hobbiest, but we'll se if i cant get i would rather someone get wholl take care of it, hopefully from this community
:grd:

XanRa

SO....... i was wondering is anybody out here willing to kind of do me a favor and help me?

proubly sounds like im trying to rip someone off but im not....

.....i have pretty much fell in love with this humvee and i would love to have but obviously its for sale and someone is going to buy it, i am not at the most finacily secure moment- friday im leaving for the boyscout national jamboree(fun) and i'll be gone intill august... and this humvee might disapear, it would be nice if someone would help me secure it, i can pay for costs or whatever comes up later comes, but not at the moment.

.....:lost: i need a little help or some ideas.....

eisenhe

Looks great, and there are some great deals out there with the economy where it is. BUT -- the golden rule applies -- only buy what you can afford, or your bank will be auctioning it for you later and you will be crying. There are almost always a couple HMMWVs on eBay and places like it. Take your time!!!

lavarok

Not sure where this truck is located, but there is a guy in Orlando with a HMMWV with at least two different shelters (radio and ambulance)....he was asking around 25k last year for everything. Not sure if he still has it or not, but PM me if interested and I will forward his contact info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Florida is pretty strict with VIN profiles. Since its an 86, it is supposed to have a 17 character VIN but we all know they didn't. One may have to get creative in certain states. It's close enough Ian, it's in Kissimmee.

BLK HMMWV

If there that strict how can they let an 86 get registered as a 2000.
I didn't think there was any state stricter than Calif.
I got mine done as an 86 with it's original 5 digit vin.

BH

lavarok

I don't think it is the same truck. The guy in Orlando runs Northside Trucks on north OBT. Pretty sure his truck was setup with two door and troop seats in the rear. Its been a while and I didn't pay that much attention at the time.

XanRa

nice to know, im going to try and work with the guy its not worth fighting a bank for but i can afford as soon as i get back BUT itll be gone by then.

if i get him to hold or whatever i have happen would any one with some hmmwv expierence maybe come check it out with me if i go? someone in that are maybe?

any advice would be great

Last edited:

I've talked to a friend of mine that has a H1 done up with lots of military gear (lift bumpers, rocker guards, fording kit, 12 bolt hmmwv wheels, 37" goodyears etc.) and he said that it looked like a pretty good deal. I will be back in Orlando in late august, if the truck is still available, I will gladly check it out for you. [thumbzup]

P.S. if I had a spare 28K, id probably already have bought this truck, but due to being in college, thats gunna be a wayyyyyyyyyyyys away

XanRa

where about in the same position just about lol, cant realy get it till august i would have to finance it(so worth it) but theres always problems when it comes to that lol, the only things that makes it worth financing is its low milage its diesel, and easy work on, well and theres always the ability to go where you feel like it

well it all depends on the person i just emailed him earlier(just know was able too)
so we'll see........