• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went looking for Deuce parts

K9Unit

Hey guys, I think everyone remembers last week a new member posting on here he had 30-40 deuces from MD he was looking to sell. "Junk yard dreams" Well I talked to him the other day and his yard was getting ready to start scraping one. I was looking for a good front left fender as mine had some dents and the entire bottom portion was rusted through. I was also looking for the front bed uprights to go along with my troop seats as my truck never came with this. I decided after work this morning I would head on over to one of his yards. He has the deuces at 2 different yards. Once I got there I couldn't believe the selection he had. Kinda reminded me of a military bone yard. Rows and rows of deuces.. I also found a handful of M109s that looked to be in good shape. Found one 5 ton with a winch on it. 1-2 M105 trailers maybe more. He said he had a few of the 3/4 ton trailers as well.

I know he posted quite a few photos last week of some of the trucks he had ect. but I was really suprised at the shape some were in.... Hard tops, some of the deuces that were soft tops looked like they had brand new vinyl soft tops put on... Bodies on most seemed to be in good shape. Most had the racks on the beds already or laying inside the beds, also saw alot of the cargo covers in the beds. Found atleast one deuce with a drop side bed ! :drool: I popped the hood on a few and some looked like they might have almost brand new engines in them... Still have all the engine labels, fresh coat of paint ect. One looked like it had a brand new injection pump with all new lines.... Some with turbos and I'm sure some without... All in all it looks like he has some good complete trucks and a whole lot of parts... I got side tracked as half of the things I was looking for or needed for mine I forgot to mention. He also said something about he might have a few tractors at his other location. I didn't get the entire low down on that.... I just wanted to let everyone know I took a trip over there today and might end up going back 100 more times. I'll just take 50-100 dollars with me each time I go to limit myself....

K9Unit

Westfolk, He posted a thread under junkyardreams last week. His name is Jeff and he operates out of 2 different salvage yards in MD. He will sell a complete deuce for 2500-3000 or what he dont sell he will start cutting and selling parts... A couple prices he quoted me today seemed fair.

K9Unit

No problem, if your not local and just need parts or getting the whole deuce and need the stuff stored until you can pick it up I have plenty of room. I believe his crew will remove most parts and I would love for everyone on S/S to end up with whatever is out there versus the melting pot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks