• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

went to ft knox today to look over my deuce! help please

WTFandoffrd

Of course the batts where dead, so hooked up a slave cable and nothing, not even the air buzzer came on when I turned the batts on, and the gauges didnt even move a little bit. I would like some ideas on what this might be so when I go back to pick up it I can maybe drive it home and save some cash on the haul bill if it was something small like the swith maybe.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check to see if the slave receptacle cables were hooked up in the battery box? If it's ok there I would check to see if the main power cable going to the starter was ok. I'd also make sure I had a good ground. It could be a bad power switch also. I'd just carry me a multimeter back with me and start tracing wires and see where I had power and where I didn't.

You may or may not be able to drive it home. You didn't get to start it so there could still be almost anything wrong with it besides the obvious elecrtical problem.

Last edited:

Westex

Looks like your're in Kentucky; why not have them just push start it off with a forklift and take your chances and go in a last resort? Once you get it off the base, check the brakes and all the fluids, etcc. Don't ever drive one of these 7 ton trucks without a thorough check over.

Richmond

Hey W.T.F, I would check the headlight gaskets and muffler bearings 1st, mine didn't start once before be cause the bearings were seized! LOL!!

Heavysteven

So you tried the slave on the door. What about going to the batteries directly? I would suggest going back and replacing the batteries, cleaning the terminals, and do a check for lose wires.

If that fails them bring a large strap to pull start.

The idea of recovering a deuce sounds good but having it hauled takes l the what if's out.

drdstny

Banned
It's nice to know I can now use WTF in my posts without getting chewed out by some newbie moderator with an itchy trigger finger. I mean, seriously: WTF?