• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went to look at another M37

67Beast

Well, I had a good lead on another M37 truck and drove over to meet the seller. WOW, his idea of a clean, solid, good running truck and mine are way different. What a piece of crap it was. Then he was offended when he asked what I thought the value was and I told him nothing over $1000. He was asking $2500 for it. There wasn't a straight piece on it and half the important stuff was missing. No title, no gas tank, gutted wiring harness, all the glass was broken, heck the bed wasn't even bolted down, and a lot more rust than the 2 spots in the back of the cab he said was it. The thing barely sputtered to life, had a cracked exhaust manifold, looked like the air cleaner had not been on it in years, and fed gas out of a boat tank strapped to the fender. He also said that it needed just a little brake work, as the wheel cylinders were sticking. Brakes, there was none, the pedal was on the floor and would not make any pressure. :mad: :mad: :mad: Just because it is "rare" doesn't mean it's worth anything.

Sorry, for the rant, but he acted like I wasted his time.:roll:

TedG

hi dave,
sorry you couldn't make clare. if your looking for another m37, look no farther than the one in my shop! pm me if you want!

ted

67Beast

Yep, I hated to miss Clare, but the wife just didn't seem to understand that green iron was more importaint to me than one of her families wedding. I was not really looking for a new truck, but this one was close and claimed to be in good shape, and was reasonably priced if it was in good shape.:roll: Here's the quote from the seller, "it runs it drives its mostly solid (only a little rust in cab corners) needs brake work"

Ted, I just might have to get with you to see what's hidding in your garage.;-)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think about 75% of the people who sell vehicles live on an alternate universe.

I went to look at a Road Runner one time that was advertised as a "driver". It was supposed to be a original red 4 speed car.

I get there and the fender tag says it's green and originally an automatic. I explain this to him and he doesn't really deny it or want to argue. I suspect he knew it was green and originally an automatic and just wanted to sell it to some dweeb who didn't know any better.

The better part is the "driver" portion. In addition to it being remarkably similar to your M37 (barely sputtered to life, no brakes, etc.) the doors wouldn't open.

This was because it had so much corrosion that the unibody no longer had any kind of rigidity and had sagged to such a degree that the doors were binding in the door jambs.

Surprisingly, I didn't buy it rofl

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]I sold a truck like that once but I told the guy no lies and told hem strait up it was a piece of crap that NEEDED allot of work but he wanted it and he got it and we are still “friends”. so I think it went well lol [/FONT]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These MVs are addictive - I'm thinking of getting an M37 sometime early next year myself, if I can keep this job thing limping along till then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks