• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went to the junkyard

Finally found a clean, functioning bench seat for my 1028 today at the local pull a part. Got a few other miscelaneous goodies for the truck as well. Now I can take both of my critters with me when I go out for my wife's pregnancy cravings at 2300! :driver: Took me about an hours worth of work and about 50$ for the seat and the seat cover (more expensive then the F*ing seat). The pups love it, especially hanging out of the sliding rear window. I posted the buckets in the classifieds.

Attachments

mtn man

I was able to make a junkyard trip last week while traveling for work... Hendersoville, NC Robert Love's the owner and has a nice fleet of CUCV's and other OD iron. Had to get a few goodies for my newly aquired 1009

Attachments

forest522

That's great! I love going to the junkyard, but the seats I kept finding where really nasty. But overall its like a box of chocolates! I have gotten a lot of good metal and miscellaneous stuff!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chevy trucks from those years are EVERYWHERE. They were an extremely popular vehicle for GM during those years, and it will be at least another 10 years before they start getting uncommon. The junkyards here are loaded with them too. They just want $120 for a bench seat, $100 for a fender, etc.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have two (that I've been to anyway) pull-it-yourself yards out here. The one in Olympia has great prices; they want to move stuff fast and get rid of the hull. The one in Kitsap, which sadly is the one closest to me, seems to price like they're the only game in town. They're forgetting about craigslist I guess.

Center console in Oly: $10
Center console in Kitsap: $50