• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Were 6.5 NA vehicles produced in 2010 ?

AAVP7

A buddy of mine got an offer for a Humvee with a 6.5 NA diesel, 4 -speed tranny, and the whole thing is supposed to have been build in 2010.

I thought with the start of M1114 production around 1996, all newer vehicles have been turbos ?

Or did AMG continue to build Humvees with NA engines parallel to the turbos ?

I'm concerned that somebody might be trying to sell a "2010 reset" vehicle as a "made in 2010" one. I haven´t seen any pictures or more details so far.

I am not sure about 2010 but I do know that they made 6.5 NAs in 2004. My truck is a 2004 M1123 with the 6.5 NA. I am pretty sure they still had NAs in 2010 but can't say for sure.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also can't say 100% certainty, but the M1123 series was still being made in the mid 2000's.
When the trucks get reset sometimes the data plate gets replaced and the only date found is the reset tag.

GM stopped manufacturing the 6.5NA engine in 1999/2000 timeframe, then GEP began making them.
I know the rebuilt GEP block in my truck has a date code from 2005.

So maybe the truck being offered to your buddy really is a 2010 build date, or it was a 2000 build date with a 2010 reset/rebuild date. Either way it's going to be an A2 series truck and there isn't much difference between any of them within the same series (depending on the specific model in the series that is)

Action

A buddy of mine got an offer for a Humvee with a 6.5 NA diesel, 4 -speed tranny, and the whole thing is supposed to have been build in 2010.

I thought with the start of M1114 production around 1996, all newer vehicles have been turbos ?

Or did AMG continue to build Humvees with NA engines parallel to the turbos ?

I'm concerned that somebody might be trying to sell a "2010 reset" vehicle as a "made in 2010" one. I haven´t seen any pictures or more details so far.
the m1113 / 14 started around 2004.
my theory is that if there is a scanable code on the data plate, it isnt original. Or if the data plate is black with white letters, same thing. Some rebuid data plates acually have “rebuild date” or something similar.
i even see original looking data plates that you can easily tell it was stamped in someones garage. With a 1980’s VIN but a newer year.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Motors can sit in stock for years before maybe being put in a truck. It could have been built in 2004 but didn't find its way thru supply warehouse and to the truck till 2010.

Seen lots of 2004 build tags on motors that are in trucks that went thru RRAD refurbish in 2012 when the motor was put in

Last edited:

AAVP7

Thanks everybody so far. Very interesting; I wasn´t aware that the A2s were continued parallel to the turbo vehicles.

I´ve asked my buddy to get pictures and more info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks