• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West Central Fl Trip

Pinz25086

I will see you at 09:30 at the game check station by the fish hatchery. Are you bringing the Pinz or the Deuce? Call me if the plan changes 407-832-2173.

SixSpeed

Banned
I will see you at 09:30 at the game check station by the fish hatchery. Are you bringing the Pinz or the Deuce? Call me if the plan changes 407-832-2173.
Hey, it looks like we'll be running late. The starter solenoid for the Unimog won't be in until the AM on Friday, so we'll have to push back the meeting time, hopefully that will be alright for everyone.

I'll shoot you a call once we have an estimated new time.

dc3coyote

Wayne still waiting checked with UPS a few minutes ago....Its a little late to be calling you so I will just give you a ring im the morning.
I hope you check the site or call me in the morning I get up early.

Pinz25086

I got the message. I am about an hour or so away so call me when you leave. I have to get back before the afternoon storms. Wipers work only when they want to. My son was out there yesterday and said that the water will be DEEP!

dc3coyote

Thats great.. Still waiting on those Parts, but the plan is for an overnighter so if worse comes to worse we will drive up there today, when the parts are in. and you can come early in the morning if your not planning on a night in hte woods.
Deep is good

stalker

Richloam

This is gonna kill me!! Just found out and won't be able to get my M43 fixed in time as I had some repair work to do from last weekend at Richloam. If you have not been there in the last couple of months be prepared for a lot of deeeep water in some areas, but it does make clean up easier. Next time... hopefully the end of the month will be a go!!

dc3coyote

Hers the Update.....Still waiting on UPS for something that was supposed to be next dayed air on Tuesday, we are still waiting. The Pony Express was faster.
So while I am waiting its time to work on the snorkel build for the Pinz..
Branan
727 967 8142

stalker

Hey Branan,
I had it licked ( bent vavle) but when I put it back together The fuel pump arm slipped under the cam lobe and when I hit the starter..... the cam broke.... and no I'm not kidding. Probably could not do it again on a bet. Looks like I've got too much repair time ahead to get it done in time.

Well Mr Murphy was following Walter and I. We didnt get on the road till 2am. We didnt get to atlanta till almost 10am, so after loading the trailers, getting some much needed lunch and a/c it was 12, didnt get back to walters house till after 10pm and I didnt get home till close to midnight. I was exhausted. If anyone wants to meet up Saturday morning I can swing that?

I must say besides our little fuel leak problem the M35 hes going to sell me runs really good. Needs some TLC but its in great shape. Gave us no problems after that. 800miles round trip.

SixSpeed

Banned
UPS really FUBAR'D my package of Unimog parts, I am hoping that by some miracle it arrives tomorrow. I had a guaranteed overnight service on it, 10AM.

The tracking doesn't make any sense, and hasn't been updated in forever. UPS was no help either.

OAKLAND , CA , US 08/07/2009 8:30 A.M. A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL REASONS
LOUISVILLE , KY , US 08/07/2009 4:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
OAKLAND , CA , US 08/06/2009 9:16 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/06/2009 5:47 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SAN PABLO , CA , US 08/06/2009 5:43 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/06/2009 5:16 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
08/06/2009 3:54 P.M. PICKUP SCAN US 08/06/2009 6:58 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

SixSpeed

Banned
I am on the phone with UPS right now. EDIT: To be technical I am on hold...

Branana (Branan/DC3) won't answer his phone. So I gave him a nickname.

Pinz25086

We are leaving the house. I will see you when we get there. My cell is 407-832-2173 but I am not sure that it works out there.

Wayne

dc3coyote

Murphy has struck the Fl area hard for me too. I wont be making it this weekend. Newly discovered mechanical issues. I apologize for getting the ball rolling and dropping it.

The new plan for me is the weekend of the 21-23 Aug. That gives me time to get the Unimog and the Pinz nice and waterproofed.
Bubba I hope two weeks is enough notice for you...
SixSpeed, your gonna miss a good time

Ok, just got back from the forest. Wayne, his son, and I were the ones who showed. Since there isnt room in the cab of a deuce for 3 big men, I went home. Wayne and his son were going to drive around a bit then go home. Oh well, maybe next time things will all work out!

Pinz25086

We made it back home. Let my son drive the deuce for a while. He has never driven anything that big. He had a grin bigger than the truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks