• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Western PA show and museum support. 17 Aug.

gunboy1656

There is a local air museum looking to drum up some money. So every year they host an annual fly/drive in show.

No cost to enter, but donations are appreciated. Breakfast and lunch are served for a price.

They are trying to raise 150,000 to restore a C47 from WW2. They have done their homework and found pics of the plane talked with the pilot before he passed on. The pilots family sent photos to aid in their restoration.

The museum has a flying C123, and C47. ground displays include an F15, OV1D "Mohawk", a recently acquired F4 Phantom. Usually you have a couple stearmans fly in, as well as a flight school and other planes fly in. The C123 just returned from Canada from a movie shoot

I have done this show for 3 years now. Slowly I am getting more MV's to show up. This year there will be at LEAST 3: my deuce, M38a1 and one mule maybe 2. Looking for others to attend.

So please come out and help support.

Attachments

gunboy1656

Well we did end up with 7 trucks. Just not the 7 I expected.

Had 2 mules, and M38a1, an M151a2, my m35a2, an M35a3 and an M54. Was not expecting the M54 to show up and had another M35a3 lined up but it did not want to cooperate this morning. Maybe next year I can get some more to show up.

Attachments

ckinger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just happen to see your post. If you can keep me in the loop for next year I should be able to bring my deuce down to the event. (Providing the gremlins don't give me problems.) I'll also see what I can do to get my buddy to get his M38 and M151 out of the garage and bring them down as well.

gunboy1656

I can do that. If your on facebook the museum has a page, search Air Heritage, they put out info on what they are doing and how they are coming on their restorations.

This show is usually held every August.

gunboy1656

Your welcome. He is a member here just does not get on here much. That is just one of his trucks (think he is up to 5 or 6), mostly 5 tons, and now a 10 ton. I have been waiting for him to finish it up so I can see it.

Glad you guys could make it, hope you come back out next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks