• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Westy's NUTs are off ....the 5ton that is...lol

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they had just left them alone, long enough, they might have rusted up and fell off on their own.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce nuts were stuck for a few days and I got a new 1 inch drive impact, a 1/2 inch hose and fittings out of the deal. I guess if you have to wait a whole year to use borrowed gear, your nuts are REALLY stuck. Or in a vise. :)

Westech

CPL
And they were on there! We broke a 1/2 steel rod and I have a gash and a huge bruise on my leg to prove it. We figured around 1400 foot pounds they were torqued to when installed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when I did the brakes on the duece in the middle of noware 6 foot of pipe woundn't break the lugs loose we blocked the
truck up and got the local tire guy to break all the lugs loose for $25 bucks got his number on speed dial

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, your saying Gimpy finally got Westy's nuts off? It's been over a year, right?
Thank you for your comment. I am now using my 'good' notebook computer to view this site while I recover files from my deceased 'beater' PC. To the point, said notebook now has many little bits of rice embedded in the keyboard and a coating of soy sauce on the screen. But that's all right. I'll let it dry out and use the rice a dessicant and the soy sauce as an anti-glare coating.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread started yesterday and, well, here we are 31+ posts later. Amazing how a simple title will grab one's attention ...Westy's NUTs are off ...rofl
Westy, I hope you are feeling refreshed, relaxed and reinvigorated...er, now that all that heavy work is done. Now, as I always say, Charlie-Mike, my brother...

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
this is my leg..... after I BROKE A 1/2 steel rod while using the geared lug wrench. The rod would have broke my leg if it hit the front of it and not the side. OUCH! I walk like Gimp now HAHAHA well not laughing at you.. just with you.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever hear the phrase, "work smart, not hard"?

Next time, if you mess up, I'll make your other leg look the same, capisce(capische).

G-Force

Jeez......in my younger days when we wanted to get our lug nuts off we'd get 10 bucks and go to town and find a hooker......the kids these days used geared lug wrenches.........how times have changed.........
And am I mistaken or does it look like Westy shaves his legs?????

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow that was funny.. :jumpin: [thumbzup] i love my geared wrench but i use 2 handles .. one hitting the ground. i found it easier that way:mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
this is my leg..... after I BROKE A 1/2 steel rod while using the geared lug wrench. The rod would have broke my leg if it hit the front of it and not the side. OUCH! I walk like Gimp now HAHAHA well not laughing at you.. just with you.

THAT IS A LIE! Thats what his leg looks like after Fuzzy Toaster beat him like a red headed step child. Nice try Rich. :cookoo:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I have found that compressed air works great in getting nuts off. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks