• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wet sanding/clear CARC paint

jrpontiac

Has anyone cleared over CARC paint before. The paint on my M998 is in good shape but the colors are getting faded out. I'm not looking to make it shinny, just looking to make the colors a bit darker. I was thinking about wet sanding it with some 600 and spraying a flat clear over it. Has anyone done this? If so what clear did you use?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
before you do this, please read up on the hazards associated with blasting/sanding CARC. It is very bad to inhale.

as for a clear flat... never heard of it. You can find places to paint CARC, or see our threads about Behr paint and you can get it to match and "re-color" your truck.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get CARC shiny rub down surface with diesel or clean motor oil.
But don't drive on dusty road afterwards.
Could probably spray it down with Silicone lubricant (test on a hard to see spot )
CARC has texture, so it is naturally dull/drab.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard of the following from a couple fellows M939's on Facebook (Theirs were woodland camo CARC):

Pressure wash
Spray WD40 over the entire truck and let cure for 24 hours or so
Then pressure wash again.

Supposedly this leaves a nice, fresh, darker looking paint job. I have never seen it done in person though.