• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wet stacking after startup

Mark2X2

I think it's OK

I figured like most diesels, the best thing once started would be to high-idle.

I just wanna make sure I got this right, after seeing this label:

Is it really ok to idle under 1k after startup?

I run a 653E John Deere harvester with a 6068 engine. In the manual it must say 100+ times to run the engine at half speed for 2 1/2 minutes before shut down. When I start it, I let it slow idle till the oil psi comes up, then pull it up to a 1000 rpm for 5 minutes or so depending on how cold it is. It has 14,700 hrs on it and the deepest we have been into it is adjusting the valves.

We have a 548GIII grapple skidder with the computer controlled 6068. When you start the damn thing it runs almost full speed for 30 seconds before it goes to slow idle. It has a switch for low, medium, high idle. I just cringe when that thing roars to life at -20.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks