• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHAT?!? $756.32 Won EVERYTHING! (M35A2)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW what a story, God does take care of all of us in mysterious ways, you just need to be listening to hear his message and receive his gifts.

dmetalmiki

you sir are one lucky duck....i have been researching deuces for over a year but dont have fundind to purchase as im only 16 years old and jobless...if somemone wants a deuce gone and is willing to sell it to me for a whole summer of labor, im up for the challenge, but id seriously be intrigued to see more on this deuce! :-o
you sir are one lucky duck....i have been researching deuces for over a year but dont have fundind to purchase as im only 16 years old and jobless...if somemone wants a deuce gone and is willing to sell it to me for a whole summer of labor, im up for the challenge, but id seriously be intrigued to see more on this deuce! :-o
Fate does kick in some times...look through previouse posts of mine and you will come to the ones of our apprentice..(also no work and problems..but) who Does in fact work for us to (earn to) "drive the collection" which means ANYTHING on wheels!. He has "adopted" the gamma goat and cleaned painted and serviced it throughout ON HIS OWNSOME! SO...he now gets to drive it to shows as being registered as a tractor he could drive it at 16. (offroad) and with a licence ON the road.)He has worked thus on just about every one of my trucks and has over the past year "earned" his driving lessons..and TODAY took his driving test..and PASSED! so now he WILL be driving it the local shows..and m,ebb'e war and peace in our convoy. I am trying to work it for him to drive any of them but in the U.K. you have to be age 30!!!! still..he can drive at the shows anyway. You should be encouraged to look for a "start" as a helper around the sort of vehicles you would like to own and drive one day..maybe find a desolate lonely or abandoned truck sadly hiding in back of someones workshop yard or garage. and "voulanteer"(to) "let me fix that up for you"? (me!) pehaps get it good enough to have it presented at local shows etc. THAT is what my "apprentice asked to do (given a chance to do)..and HAS accomplished a great deal. he now (after 2 years) has adopted thus the gamma goat and a VERY battered and loney unrestored WW2 jeep. hiding in our shop..then transplanted a V* engine into it! painted it body off resto..all on his own! (look up my posts) I have taken this time to encourage you "to go forth and seek (present yourself) and you will "find". Now if you were near here....but that's another story...Aditionally there is a german boy who did the same from age 13! and he now drives from Germany every year to "war and peace" in England. in his COMPLETELY ground up restored ww2 jeep. Look out for his joining and posts (in the very near future.) I wish you well and hope you succeed...seems you deserve the chance to show what you can do (and be guided to do just that in the right company) good luck .

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fate does kick in some times...look through previouse posts of mine and you will come to the ones of our apprentice..(also no work and problems..but) who Does in fact work for us to (earn to) "drive the collection" which means ANYTHING on wheels!. He has "adopted" the gamma goat and cleaned painted and serviced it throughout ON HIS OWNSOME! SO...he now gets to drive it to shows as being registered as a tractor he could drive it at 16. (offroad) and with a licence ON the road.)He has worked thus on just about every one of my trucks and has over the past year "earned" his driving lessons..and TODAY took his driving test..and PASSED! so now he WILL be driving it the local shows..and m,ebb'e war and peace in our convoy. I am trying to work it for him to drive any of them but in the U.K. you have to be age 30!!!! still..he can drive at the shows anyway. You should be encouraged to look for a "start" as a helper around the sort of vehicles you would like to own and drive one day..maybe find a desolate lonely or abandoned truck sadly hiding in back of someones workshop yard or garage. and "voulanteer"(to) "let me fix that up for you"? (me!) pehaps get it good enough to have it presented at local shows etc. THAT is what my "apprentice asked to do (given a chance to do)..and HAS accomplished a great deal. he now (after 2 years) has adopted thus the gamma goat and a VERY battered and loney unrestored WW2 jeep. hiding in our shop..then transplanted a V* engine into it! painted it body off resto..all on his own! (look up my posts) I have taken this time to encourage you "to go forth and seek (present yourself) and you will "find". Now if you were near here....but that's another story...Aditionally there is a german boy who did the same from age 13! and he now drives from Germany every year to "war and peace" in England. in his COMPLETELY ground up restored ww2 jeep. Look out for his joining and posts (in the very near future.) I wish you well and hope you succeed...seems you deserve the chance to show what you can do (and be guided to do just that in the right company) good luck .
Thank you for contributing to this thread. Your story strikes a vibrant chord with me.
Be blessed in all you do in and all that you are doing for the MV hobby and history preservation.
John

m715mike

John,

I have a mental list of threads that I want to read as time permits. Having seen several references to "The ARK" in other threads, this was one of them. After enjoying today's Sunday Sermon, I had some free time. Conveniently using the link in your signature block, I took the opportunity to read about The ARK.

What an awesome story!!! It brought back memories of my first Deuce recovery (albeit not from a fire department), which allowed me to share in your pre-recovery anticipation/excitement and your post-recovery enjoyment!

Thank you for taking the time to post pictures and stories. I've certainly enjoyed them this Sunday morning.

...and as so many others have said, Congratulations on an amazing find!!!

-Michael

(P.S. My youngest son has expressed an interest in Track. After reading your story, I think I'll do everything possible to encourage him. :smile: Who knows, that may lead to a track meet in a small West Texas town, which may lead to...)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

I have a mental list of threads that I want to read as time permits. Having seen several references to "The ARK" in other threads, this was one of them. After enjoying today's Sunday Sermon, I had some free time. Conveniently using the link in your signature block, I took the opportunity to read about The ARK.

What an awesome story!!! It brought back memories of my first Deuce recovery (albeit not from a fire department), which allowed me to share in your pre-recovery anticipation/excitement and your post-recovery enjoyment!

Thank you for taking the time to post pictures and stories. I've certainly enjoyed them this Sunday morning.

...and as so many others have said, Congratulations on an amazing find!!!

-Michael

(P.S. My youngest son has expressed an interest in Track. After reading your story, I think I'll do everything possible to encourage him. :smile: Who knows, that may lead to a track meet in a small West Texas town, which may lead to...)

Thank you, Michael.

We are still enjoying the ARK and the trailers in the motorpool now as well. Still looking for an M818 (or possibly M931/M932) Tractor.

Praying blessings upon you and yours.

John

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, are you still missing the mudflaps for your truck? If so, I think I can come up with at least a partial set for you.

Cheers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, are you still missing the mudflaps for your truck? If so, I think I can come up with at least a partial set for you.

Cheers
Thanks, Rory.
I have the metal parts and pieces, would just "need" the rubbers.
There's a local truck parts house that has those for about what any shipping costs would be.
My only excuse for having not already mounted them is procrastinating over the very little bit of straightening that the sheet metal panels will need. They were not damaged in use, but somehow got "warped" in storage under the VFD's care.
Thanks for the offer.
John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our motorpool may be pregnant!

We have been looking for a tractor (at a better than excellent price preferred) and recently we were led to an M818 about 100 miles from here that a VFD has as surplus. It's only two years out of an Army rebuild from what they claim, and they have made no modifications nor have they scavenged any parts. I'm looking forward to a productive conversation with them this evening which hopefully will prompt an inspection trip in the coming days.

Prayers for a favorable outcome would be appreciated.

John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have been looking for a tractor (at a better than excellent price preferred) and recently we were led to an M818 about 100 miles from here that a VFD has as surplus. It's only two years out of an Army rebuild from what they claim, and they have made no modifications nor have they scavenged any parts. I'm looking forward to a productive conversation with them this evening which hopefully will prompt an inspection trip in the coming days.

Prayers for a favorable outcome would be appreciated.

John
Well, our conversation(s) have led to a road trip this morning to preview the potential purchase.
Prayerfully, we are patiently negotiating a favorable purchase.
Though some of the original information about this truck was confused with another vehicle in the VFD's inventory, we are now perfectly clear on exactly what we're talking about....

XM818 w/o Winch
Titled as 1979, but data plate contract number seems to indicate 1969 vintage.
11 Michelin X Radial tires on the ground and as a spare. 10 on the ground are 90%, Spare 100%.
Starts on her own, and as expected, idles a bit rough until warm. (It was about 45 when started with a wind chill of 41F).
Instrument cluster appears to be OLD style with VERY LARGE Speedometer!
All lights and electrical seem fully functional.

Sorry, but until negotiations are finalized or abandoned I will NOT be posting pics. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE...

The negotiations for the XM818 are moving slowly. Decisions by "committees" seem to take time melding multiple opinions into one conclusion.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm standing at the counter in the TV show PAWN STARS trying to wrangle a mutually agreeable price while the cameras are recording every cue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks