• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What about military tow-behind crane for a deuce?

Sevensteps

A local guy has a crane for sale. An acquaintance says that it was towed behind a deuce and one that he says mounted on the back of a deuce. I'm not too sure the guy knows what he's talking about..

I don't know the model of either, but I inlcuded some pics.

Anybody know what these are and what they are for? The owner says the folding crane was what he called a "cobra crane" and was AF issue.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Neither were made "for" the deuce. I would like that first one though. Neither were ever mounted to a deuce as a production unit.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those came from Ottocraft in Tracy City. If you look in some old military vehicles magazines (2008) you'll find the descriptions of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks