• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What am I doing wrong? Why does my ignition start switch handle not line up?

dace

I dumped the keyed ignition and bought what was supposedly an OEM one. The run position is not clocked right. Am I missing something?

6084E2B4-9781-42B9-9424-B2EC3F00F3CF.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"supposedly an OEM one..."
Where did you buy it from?
either the switch is wrong, or the paddle is, but I'm guessing the switch.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked around on Fleabay and the only seller I see claiming to have OEM switches are used.
You very likely ended up with a cheap Chinese knockoff, those have caused mucho grief for some here on SS, including burned up starters.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I prefer not to try and use the “Carnac” method of figuring out what someone bought off eBay….a simple picture of the component would help, the OEM unit has the part number on it.
Now they all will have part numbers printed on them. Giving away military OEM parts secrets. See Alibaba for parts.

Didn't someone just get busted for that...LOL. CAMO

royg

There are many chinese pimps on eBay, but there are great sellers also. You just need to be cautious.
If it's far too cheap its probably not the part you're looking for.

I've bought many great quality items with good pricing from
-beltfed34 out of Marble Falls, TX
-militarysurplusparts out of Hesperia, CA

sue

I dumped the keyed ignition and bought what was supposedly an OEM one. The run position is not clocked right. Am I missing something?

View attachment 896565
Is there anyway to “reclock” it? May a splined lever?
I’m just not familiar with them but I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than I could tell you

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyway to “reclock” it? May a splined lever?
I’m just not familiar with them but I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than I could tell you
it has a small stud that lines up with a hole in the plate it's bolted to, so in theory you could just drill a new hole in the orientation you want
of course not knowing what switch it actually is, it might have different functions, or might not be rated to handle the load the HMMWV puts through the switch, so might not be worth it in the long run

dace

So I just pulled the switch and looked it up. First google result says its for a M998. But when you dig in its for an Oshkosh M809.

07C18DEB-C3F4-49D2-B512-4058006C8CD8.jpegEF99270C-9B0D-4A41-AF75-11059390CB90.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks