• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are parts worth?

Mongo

I have an offer to buy an Engine AND Transmission pulled from a Deuce with 1500 Miles on it. Supposedly there are videos of it running before being pulled and it has a whistler on it.

So... as a GENERAL rule, what are things worth? Just ballpark numbers for the following items:

Parts motors.
Running used motors.
Crate motors.
Transmissions.
Axles.
Injector Pumps.
Compressors.
Turbos.

My Deuce is running and driving fine but I would like to be prepared for the future. I would also like to know when a deal is too good to pass up whether I need the parts or not. Right now I think the motor and trans I have been offered fall into this category but I will still have to stretch it a bit financially to pick them up so I want to know for certain....

Oilleaker1

Thought the same thing and watched engines sell on GL and they brought more than a truck and you still had to ship it. Hardtops, injector pumps, just watch on GL and you will get the idea. I aggree , several parts trucks are cheaper, but-------you would want to fix them all:beer: John

Mongo

I agree about whole trucks being cheaper than just parts. The down-side of buying a parts truck is storage. My truck is parked in my driveway with my other cars so I don't have a "field" to park my parts vehicles in.

An engine and transmission is about the largest amount of "parts" I can store without my neighbors going ape. The guy wants $700 for a engine and trans with 1500 miles on it. My reasoning is that the injector pump alone is worth that much, let alone a whistler turbo, starter, and so on. I think this purchase is a no-brainer but I have other projects competing for the cash my wife doesn't know about. Just checking to see if I would be foolish to pass this up....

Flyingvan911

A complete engine can go for 500 to 2,500 bucks depending on who's selling it. I say start low and talk your way up. $700 does sould like a good starting place.

Mongo

Since it is $700 for BOTH the engine and transmission, I think negotiations are over. Now it is just a case of "take it or leave it". If I can come up with the bulk of the money in the next couple of days I will take it...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sounds like an wiener Oscar Meyer.

I'd be on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

The issue is are the engine and tranny still together and in the frame.....if so you can put some small axles and tires on it and be able to move it around.

A deuce engine can be a pain to move and store......ask me how I know.:roll:

Mongo

The dude pulled them together this weekend. He said he had them sitting on some pallets. He is using the axles for a mud truck.

paulfarber

Get an oil sample. Spend the $30 to see whats floating in the oil. If it won't start then crack the small drain plug.

If it comes back normal then you have a better ideas on the internals.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last engine I sold was for $700. The last trans I sold was for $350. I think $700 is a good deal for both.

I wouldn't be too crazy over that 1,500 mile figure though. You can't depend on what the gauges say in these old trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks