• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the best rear seat support trays? Outside of drilling out the rivets and puting in a new base to get rid of the trays.

dace

What are the best rear seat support trays? Outside of drilling out the rivets and putting in a new base.

I saw that the A1 models had thicker support trays. My 86 has some broken pieces on the support trays so I am looking for new ones. I have seen some aftermarket ones from Midwest Military Equipment but someone mentioned they are thin and not like the newer A1 version which are thicker.

Just curious if there is a "best" version out there for the rear seat support trays.

I am looking at #9 in the below schematic. Mine are broken (#19) as well as the lip that locks in the back so looking for new complete units but want to support high back seats.

ISeat Tray.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seat base you are looking at has the same part number UOC (use on code) for the basic,, A1 and A2 trucks.
Your basic M998 has a UOC of H13, the M998A1 is A13 ETC., you can see all the UOC codes under the parts description
While the early basic trucks may have had thinner plates the replacements should all be the same.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A2‘s had the thicker seat base cover due to the addition of bucket seats, they are not necessary to mount different seats, but if you must have them, I have some…but you won’t like the price….LOL

dace

A2‘s had the thicker seat base cover due to the addition of bucket seats, they are not necessary to mount different seats, but if you must have them, I have some…but you won’t like the price….LOL
yeah I am finding they are a different part number then the original listed in all the TMs.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be simple enough to have a metal shop shear and brake some aluminum or steel in whatever thickness you want it's a pretty simple piece.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tlambert has already made the drawings.
If I saw correctly, the original is made of thicker material and does not include the braces.

dace

Tlambert has already made the drawings.
If I saw correctly, the original is made of thicker material and does not include the braces.
correct. The newer style are much thicker, dont have the braces (the seat is self supporting I guess) and the clamp in the back is a single piece moved to the middle to account for the seat bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks