• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the current supplies of LMTV namely M1078 and M1079 ?

rockDAWG

What are the current supplies of LMTV namely M1078 and M1079 from GovPlanet? Recently, there are not many listings at all except in Hawaii.

In2Fords

Yeah, looks about right.....
If I get salt water back on analysis I'll know they took it to the beach, there's enough sand in the rails.......

ramdough

My truck is a Hawaii truck. It was mostly rust free, except the skid plate, tool box, and inside toolbox was rusted out on the bottom.

Frame and cab were great..... bed had a few rust spots, but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About $4k through Matson just to either Cali or Washington..... I'm looking to bring price down by removing bed and trying to drop can down
So.. insight knowledge for those reading. They charge off cubic inches then weight. Direct word from Pasha is their freight flow is heavy to the island and lean back to the mainland so they aren't concerned as much about weight on that sailing. They will still charge accordingly on dimensions so bed/no bed it's still the same. If your truck is working perfect and you compress the cab and air down the tires it wont matter as they measure before it gets on the ship. The dock workers (unionized and strict) wont hold up the line to "squeeze" your truck down to save you a few bucks nor do they know how to operate it.

I've tried this approach as well as flat-racks but still the cheapest option is to buy state side! Haha! ..but seriously, if it has to get off the island it better run for a RO-RO journey.

In2Fords

Matson says 21', I can get it there by removing the bed, 8'wide, hoping I'm close enough, but 7.5 feet tall, there's the kicker, it would save me about $3k if I had a cargo drop lmtv......

Now another company I'm talking to doesn't normally do vehicles but, if I can remove some weight, like the bed, and drop it 8", they can do it for around $1500.....

But this is a challenge even for me and I live on island. If your not local this really isn't even an option.

There's another option, there's a guy buying these by the hundreds, takes them apart to the point of fitting them in containers then reassemble them in another country.... that seems like a lot of coordination involved!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks