• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the preferred CUCV replacement seat covers?

Sverige

I've seen the replacement seat covers online (e.g., LMC) but was wondering if there are preferred covers that may be better.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pickup, Blazer, Bench, bucket, high back, low back? It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Jack Lope

This is the seat cover I got. OxGord Saddle Blanket. It's two piece and only $25 on Amazon. But, you'll need to spend about $25.00 on additional cheap pants suspenders to attach the cover better. The blanket part is good quality, but the elastic straps rip out when stretched too far and there's only a few of them and they're fairly loose. I ended up getting four cheap suspenders at Walmart which pulls the cover nice and tight. There are also no holes for seat belts. The directions say to cut slits, but I haven't brought myself to do that yet. The vinyl seat is still in fairly good condition, so i'm hoping the cover will protect it longer.

Attachments

readyman

PICT0004.jpg
LMC bucket seat covers don't fit and need a lot of custom work to get 'em to fit.
For $199 not a bad price. It was my first 'do it yourself' upholstery job.
To clarify; the bottoms fit AOK. I used contact cement on the recessed areas to get it to stay down in the contours.
The seat-backs are too wide at the top and too wide at the bottom.
I cut and glued some foam to widen the headrest area. Used contact cement to get the recessed areas to stay down.
The bottoms of the seatbacks were 'taken in' in the side panels, again with contact cement. The side modifications are hidden by the plastic OEM cover and my large 40mm ammo can center console.

Last edited:

Crash_AF

The seat covers pictured from LMC are for a Suburban style bucket, not the 1009. The 1009 shares bucket seats with an S10 Blazer and I think a Cavalier.

readyman

After all my messin' around with the LMC covers, which looked great when I finally got done. I ended up covering them up anyway with the Smittybilt tactical molle covers. So all my handiwork got covered up anyway. Those wire-nuts you see under the dash were just temporary, during the gauges installation and idiot light relocation. :)
seat cover.jpg

edpdx

See this thread. For what you'd spend on new covers or new upholstery and the asprin for the headache the fitment will give you, you can score replacement seats at the wrecking yard from a S-10 blazer and dye them with excellent results. They are the same seats- just keep looking until you find a pair intact. Mine have been in for several years and still look great!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52756-CUCV-Bucket-Seats-Some-s

donalloy1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks