• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these for

mbal

When i bought the m543a2 these came with it, I really am not to sure what they are for but I know that you guys probably do.

Also when using the snatch block for the front or rear winch where do you guys attach to the wrecker, the only thing that i found were those little shackles on the bumper and i don't think they are rated for very much weight.

Attachments

kc8sfq

Nice goodies. Those are most (maybe all) of the parts for the axel clamp accessories for the tow bar. Can be used if the bumper shackles are ruined or missing,

emr

When U lift the front with the wiffle tree,,,or any other way,,, the tow bar will be at to much of an angle, so U are supposed to use them on the axle, hence they are axle clamps, that way the tow bar will still be used to support the vehicle when moving to and fro,,,and tow bar close to level... really nice to have clean em paint em and grease em up they are good to put out at the show to to see all the goodies U have with the truck, When I had my CCKW I put 4by4 wood tightly in the bumoer and used a pair of my axle clamps to tow bar that baby everywhere,,, the best way i had to tow bor a WW2 vehicle, .. u can put em on a mil bumper but just make sur u have a block of wood in there to to keep the bumper from folding up and causing a problem, Randy

emr

that is of course when tow baring off road when the front wheels wont follow U,,,U lift em,, and or a front end problem may be keeping U from flat towbaring, u should always flat tow bar first, Randy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also at least one pin in there for use with the stabilzer legs for the boom.

mbal

Thanks, i thought you guys would know what they were. Now does anyone have any pics of the towbar. My wrecker came with a different version of it. and just to make sure the stabalizers for the boom (the very long heavy ones that extend) are just for the boom and are nothing to do with the flat towing right?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Here you go. BTW, the problem with the military lifted tow set up is that you wind up with two different pivot points. The towbar pivoits at the pintle hook, and the lift pivots in the cable/hook. Not nearly as smooth as a commercial setup.

Regards,
David Doyle

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks