• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these little spring clips for?

91W350

I saw this deuce yesterday and it has rows of these little spring clips around the hood, is that some sort of Artic setup?

Guess it would make hanging Christmas lights a breeze! Glen

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

I like the xmas light idea too,, but yet for the artic cavas gear.

I actually have that on one of my deuces here that I just sold, Yup artic gear setup on a Florida deuce. lol

cbvet

Yup! Those are the attaching points for the hood & access (filler) panel arctic blankets. See my avatar. There are laces on the blankets which go through those "clips".

91W350

LOL!! Now that the auction is over, I was over there yesterday looking at the deuces. I drooled over the A2C I bought last week, that was a score! When I was looking at the deuces, I could not help but notice the clips on that one, they kind of stand out.

They sold some pretty nice deuces there today for not much money. If anybody got one and wants me to take a look at it for them, drop me a PM. I drove about 800 miles yesterday in my car, when I got home, I had to take my deuce for a spin.

I saw an old 5 ton yesterday with old school boom poles on it in Eastern Kansas. I saw another in Missouri, north of Stover Missouri.

I have seen a lot of deuces, a couple with the blankets on, but this was the first time I saw a blanketed deuce naked... Sure wish I had bought that truck!

It is 107 here today, I did a little today, but am taking it pretty easy. You guys would miss my ignorance if I heat stroked out on ya! Glen

steelandcanvas

LOL!! Now that the auction is over, I was over there yesterday looking at the deuces. I drooled over the A2C I bought last week, that was a score!
Congratulations on your new A2C! I bought an '87 A2C last year, it was ex-Air Force and spent it's whole life at Peterson AFB.

You guys would miss my ignorance if I heat stroked out on ya! Glen
We sure would so take care of yourself! We got to 100 today but the storm clouds moved in and cooled things down, and without blowing us into the next county.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks