• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these parts called ?

Inspector 1

I am looking for two more of the items in picture. I do not know what they are called so it is difficult for me to order them. They are used to hold the 4 man rear cargo tubular frame in place. I have 6 bottom pieces for the 3 frame rails but I am short 2 top pieces .

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In TM 9-2320-280-24P-2 figure 403 it shows the troop bench seats with brackets that look like those attached to the back, I think that's what you're talking about.

diagram numbers 1, 5, 6, 21, and 22.

It just lists them as "retainer assembly, bow vehicular"

Part numbers are different for left and right sides as well for some of them. Total of like 8 different part numbers for the 12 brackets. I'm not trying to be stubborn or anything with telling you to go check the parts manual for them, you are better off figuring out which part numbers you need from the manual rather than have a bunch of part numbers thrown at you with no picture to go with them anyway.

(doing a search for that term on ebay had one result that matched)

Inspector 1

In TM 9-2320-280-24P-2 figure 403 it shows the troop bench seats with brackets that look like those attached to the back, I think that's what you're talking about.

diagram numbers 1, 5, 6, 21, and 22.

It just lists them as "retainer assembly, bow vehicular"

Part numbers are different for left and right sides as well for some of them. Total of like 8 different part numbers for the 12 brackets. I'm not trying to be stubborn or anything with telling you to go check the parts manual for them, you are better off figuring out which part numbers you need from the manual rather than have a bunch of part numbers thrown at you with no picture to go with them anyway.

(doing a search for that term on ebay had one result that matched)
Thank you. You are correct. They are called "Retainers". I have the two I need on the way. Thanks again.

DREDnot

Yeah, those are for the two man cargo top bows. The long ones are for the rear bow. There are upper ones that are just the loop. The lower ones have the welded washer. The lowers are all left or right handed. I think there are 6 different styles in the kit of 16 retainers

Attachments

Inspector 1

Yeah, those are for the two man cargo top bows. The long ones are for the rear bow. There are upper ones that are just the loop. The lower ones have the welded washer. The lowers are all left or right handed. I think there are 6 different styles in the kit of 16 retainers
Great Pic on mounting location. Thank you.

DREDnot

Just judging from your avatar, this may not pertain to your truck...but the front retainers mount facing forward to give the top the correct tension in the 2 man configuration

Inspector 1

Just judging from your avatar, this may not pertain to your truck...but the front retainers mount facing forward to give the top the correct tension in the 2 man configuration
You are correct regarding my HMMWV. My troop seats have been modified to accommodate the 4 man configuration as will the bow assemblies.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for two more of the items in picture. I do not know what they are called so it is difficult for me to order them. They are used to hold the 4 man rear cargo tubular frame in place. I have 6 bottom pieces for the 3 frame rails but I am short 2 top pieces .
Can't these be home made with 12 or 10 gauge sheet steel?

Inspector 1

Yes....as they were manufactured. But, still much easier to buy. I have all the equipment at work to make them and wouldn't waste my time on making some.
I would tend to agree. I bought the two that I needed from another site for $5.00 each. I was offered at no charge, shipping only, from two different individuals from another site. They do seem to be readily available.

Chief B

If you are having a hard time finding them, Lowes sells SteelTek shelving system that has a bracket that is the same size and it comes in either black or silver. They are 4.00 each here. Here is a picture of one.
032888206304.jpg

Also I have some extra, but they are in need of some TLC before being put on so if you're interested in them PM me and I'll go take pictures of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks