• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these tires???

forklift

Hello everyone,
I was doing my rounds on Ebay and I noticed this deuce with military radials. I was guessing they are 1200 20s, but am not sure. If anyone has an educated guess for me, I would appreciate it. I think that is the perfect compromise to an expensive singles conversion. I think it looks great. I also seem to remember someone on the forum showing pictures of their truck that had been purchased like this, and everone was saying the back tires didn't have enough space between them. If you kept track of it(kept stones out), would it really be a big deal? Worst case senario you would lose a tire right? I would think with eight tires in the back, losing one wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm new at this so what do you veterans have to say. thank you, jake

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4624662867&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

lacoda56

The problem with the tires being too close together isn't stones getting caught but the sidewalls at the bottom where the tire squats. If the sidewalls are running against each other, heat builds up and one or both will explode.

Westech

CPL
I was on my harley on the interstate and i pulled up behind a dump truck and there was a red brick stuck in the dual. boy did i get out of the way quick. that thing did shoot out and over 4 lanes of cars. talk about needing a new pair of shorts....

Low-Tech-Redneck

Reminds me, my house is 10 feet of a major road in town here, the other day, I was just minding my own buisness when I hear this sound from outside

thunk - thunk - thunk - thunk - THUNK - THUNK

What the hell? Sounded like a railroad car with a flat wheel, seriously, like there was a freight comming down the street, I looked out the window and saw a dump truck go by with the retread on the right rear outer wheel holding on by a thread , loudly slapping the dump body on every revolution

And then, 20 minutes later, he drove by AGAIN in the other direction, still slapping his leathers.

Did this guy somehow not KNOW he had a flat? Or even worse, did he not CARE?

Where's a DOT guy when you need one? :)

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
those are indeed 12.5R xl's I test drove that truck on friday the 24th and decided it wasn't for me. also I agree with lacoda on the tire rubbing, as there wasn't a whole lot of clearance with the truck empty I wonder what they would look like with 4-5 tons of gravel in the bed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wonder what they would look like with 4-5 tons of gravel in the bed.
exploded

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks