• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what are these wires for

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Circuit 2 would be the alternator output that charges the batteries. So, if disconnecting that lead at the regulator eliminates the current drain, then it sounds to me like the regulator is bad. I don't know if they're repairable and/or easily found as a replacement part. None of my trucks have the dual-voltage alternator like your HMMWV does, so I don't have any hands-on experience with it yet.

By the way, here's a good reference for what those circuit numbers mean:

M-Series Vehicles Circuit Numbers

hughscpa

They look the same just a different part number. The only thing on the M1113 that is not on the others is the hydralic winch. Could I swap out generators? Will the pulleys swap out?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
If they have the same part number on them, then maybe they're interchangeable. I don't have any experience with the dual-voltage alternators.

hughscpa

Well, I just heard from a rep at C.E. Niehoff. He said my two regulators are interchangable!! So I will give it a try this afternoon and hopefully that will fix my problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks