• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are these?

DIESELGREEN

I can't wait to hear a response on this one. Not so sure about the one behind the engine, but my 1008 has that same loose blue one near the master cylinder. I have been scratching my head about that wire since I got the truck. My assumption is that it's not utilized in our trucks.

PropDr

That looks more like diode that is stuck in their. I don't know about you but that would bug the heck out of me having that flopping around in the breeze without any insulation on it. Time to break out the big shrink sleeve?

I'm sure if you pull up the schematic it will show what the connectors are for. Plus it's a good way to get to know your machine.:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The blue wire is used on the M1010 for the box heater and with the arctic heater kits.

Can you find this on the wiring diagrams? I have checked them all and didn't find it. I may have overlooked it.

Any pictures of what it is connected too?

When I took a wiring harness apart on a M1009, it was in the Glowplug harness and was on one side of the connection but the other side was empty.

Last edited:

PropDr

Wrong on all accounts except for DIESELGREEN.

The Diode is for the Water in Fuel circuit (diagram E-1 or F-1) and the blue wire is a left over from Glowplug System and does nothing.

lol thanks funny guy. You must have that rare selective vision problem. I said it was a diode. And how is it wrong to insulate it so it doesn't short?

Last edited by a moderator:

lavarok

Can you find this on the wiring diagrams? I have checked them all and didn't find it. I may have overlooked it.

Any pictures of what it is connected too?

When I took a wiring harness apart on a M1009, it was in the Glowplug harness and was on one side of the connection but the other side was empty.
Look at E-22. Photo from my M1010 included.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol thanks funny guy. You must have that rare selective vision problem. I said it was a diode. And how is it wrong to insulate it so it doesn't short?
Ha..... you are absolutely correct..... I made a mistake and I did miss your post. Thats what I get for typing while trying to do my real job. :p

Please accept my appologies.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at E-22. Photo from my M1010 included.

Thanks for the picture.

Upon futher digging, the blue wire is indeed used on the M1010 for the fuel pump on the rear heater. Diagram E-22

Looking at E-28 it is also used for the Heater fuel pump of the Winter Kit, but the wire is not labeled at all.

I learn something new every day. ;-)

Attachments

OL AG '89

thread hijack alert...

lavarock, what is the silver cannister in the picture at rear of photo right side?
And the finned thing at front of picture. Is that an inverter and if so what size and what are you using it for??

lavarok

thread hijack alert...

lavarock, what is the silver cannister in the picture at rear of photo right side?
And the finned thing at front of picture. Is that an inverter and if so what size and what are you using it for??

The silver canister is the fuel pump for the fuel fired heater in the rear of my M1010. The blue/red wire provides 24v to the fuel pump.

The finned device is my Sure Power 52210 battery equalizer. It provides 100amp of 12v power from the 24v system in the M1010. The M1010 has two 24v alts and the 52210 replaced the stock DUVAC setup. Search "no more duvac" for my thread detailing its purpose and installation.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks