• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are you guys paying?

PeeWeeQ

Wiring demons on CUCVs really suck. I chased a gen 2 issue for MONTHS. It helped me to learn the system better, but, I wouldn't choose to repeat the process if I didn't have to. VERY frustrating...

I don't mean to scare anyone away--if I could tackle that problem, anyone can--just be wary....

ADVMOD46

I payed 1K for mine,, not running. It was dropped off at my garage to fix a lighting issue,,which was a breeze. Went to move it around one day and it would not start, I knew what it was right away, called the owner and he wasn't interested in spending anymore money on it ( he bought it for 300 from the fire dept!) I knew the value of the running gear alone, offered him 1000 bucks to take it off his hand,, had it running 2 days later after pulling pump and rebuilding it in house.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'm the truly lucky one here, so far. Got my low mileage, rust (and almost dent) free M1008 for free.
Still not sure why my friend thought I should have it, but he delivered it and I wasn't about to say no.
Sure, it had crappy tires and no side windows, but that was easy to fix. Been using it quite a bit over the years, and especially so after removing the bed and shortening the frame 31 inches.

Thirteen

Sold my M1028A2 for 10k. Truck was nice, no rust and well sorted.
Got daily driven for 6 months with no issues. I did a 4" lift w/ 37s on 16.5" dually wheels.
Round pattern NP205 and uncracked rear fenders.

I found a M1028A3 brush truck about a year ago and have been using it around my place.

The M1028A2 will always fetch a premium due to the NP205.

I am pretty sure this is the same truck on CL in Tampa.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/reduced-1984-chevy-cucv-m1008/6350218202.html

Dude added civilian axles and converted it into a dually. But for 5k I would take a look.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This guy is making some serious money doing exactly what you describe!!!

http://www.rustfreeclassics.com/

Trucks here in Wyoming, and I mean any truck in decent shape, goes for a premium.
It is the little cars that are cheap.
Out in California when I visit my Dad, I am surprised to see trucks for sale so cheap and little cars are at a premium.
Someone could make a living bringing all those old trucks out from the west coast to the midwest and selling them.