• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What axle gear oil to use?

gasser

Ok, so I need to change out the gear oil in these axles. For the stock M1009, what gear oil do I need to use? 80/90 weight ? Same for the front and rears?

Thanks!

-graham

mangus580

Just make sure what you use has the additives in it for the clutches in the locker. (some people may argue that... but the gov-lock has clutches in it!)

ida34

A lot of the premium or name brand regular lube also has the friction modifier additive but check the label to make sure. Some of the no name or store name lube does not have the additive.

Armada

I use Lucas 80/90 gear lube. Its got the additives.
Heres a cucv t-case lube question. I've seen transfer cases with auto trans fluid and even with gear lube too. Does it matter which you use?

Jetnoise400

For the transfer case, the CUCV LO calls for ATF and not gear lube. I wouldn't use anything other than what the LO specifies.

I think the reason for this is that the trans and t/c are mated together. The t/cs that run gear oil are usually separated from the trans or bolted to a manual gearbox. At least that's been my experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks